+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1368Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I saw less than a minute of the show today. Were they talking about a cat, what was the story, and how far into the show was it? I should have checked the time. If it's something interesting, I'll look for it on you tube.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3282948;
    I think you're confusing him with the late Peter Jennings who died from cancer. Or, Charlie Gibson did announce about 3 or 4 years ago that he was diagnosed with Essential Tremor. That's the same condition with which Katherine Hepburn was affected.
    That's why I said "or something" But no, I wasn't thinking of Peter Jennings. I knew he was diagnosed with something but I just didn't remember what it was.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3282958;
    I saw less than a minute of the show today. Were they talking about a cat, what was the story, and how far into the show was it? I should have checked the time. If it's something interesting, I'll look for it on you tube.
    it was towards the end when they brought up the cat

EH took her kids to the WH and grace asked about the cat (the WH cat died)

God, Babs wasn't half babbling on about inauguation fashions through the years today.
    She was determined that there was a correlation between the economic state of the US and the amount of money first ladies have spent on their frocks.
    Did any of you people know that the first time Hillary Clinton wore pants on tv was when Babs interviewed her. You see, there was this dreadful storm.......................
    They went horribly over time and had to cut short Susie Essman's interview.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I thought Sherri was going to smuck her today. Now that would have been interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by march;3285741;
    I thought Sherri was going to smuck her today. Now that would have been interesting.
    I think she should have. The way Babs put it, the Cosby's were the only example of an African American family that was all together.

FORT Fogey

I was sorry that they did not allow Sherri to go on more. Not because I wanted to see a smackdown on Barbara, but because when Sherri speaks from the heart about a subject that she's passionate about, as she was, she's SO good at expressing herself. To me, there was something very uncomfortable about watching 3 white women pontificate about what the day meant for the black community, black children, and black families, while Sherri and Whoopi sat their silently. Elisabeth wasn't as bad as the other two to me, only because she didn't make all her comments about race (talking about Grace wanting to frame the picture of the Obama girls she was talking about kids identifying with kids, without putting racial overtones on it). The whole thing came across for a moment there to me like Barbara, Joy,and Elisabeth to a lesser degree saying "Let me tell you what the black community is thinking here ..." Sherri can be eloquent in REALLY sharing that message, and she was cut short. And Whoopi answered to my discomfort quite well when she chimed in with her two cents -- brillant, and a leader as usual.

I don't know how much more Barbara I think Whoopi can take.
    She's been insufferable lately, even more so than usual.
    She constantly interupts and I think Whoopi looks fed up every time she has to stop what she's saying mid-thought because the almighty Babs has decided to share a pearl of wisdom with us.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Babs has been on way too much lately. She needs a vacation.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3286023;
    I was sorry that they did not allow Sherri to go on more. Not because I wanted to see a smackdown on Barbara, but because when Sherri speaks from the heart about a subject that she's passionate about, as she was, she's SO good at expressing herself. To me, there was something very uncomfortable about watching 3 white women pontificate about what the day meant for the black community, black children, and black families, while Sherri and Whoopi sat their silently. Elisabeth wasn't as bad as the other two to me, only because she didn't make all her comments about race (talking about Grace wanting to frame the picture of the Obama girls she was talking about kids identifying with kids, without putting racial overtones on it). The whole thing came across for a moment there to me like Barbara, Joy,and Elisabeth to a lesser degree saying "Let me tell you what the black community is thinking here ..." Sherri can be eloquent in REALLY sharing that message, and she was cut short. And Whoopi answered to my discomfort quite well when she chimed in with her two cents -- brillant, and a leader as usual.
    You summed up my thoughts very nicely. That's how I felt too.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread