+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1368Likes

Thread: The View

  1. #6101
    Dreamer VelvetRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In Wonderland
    Posts
    3,138

    Re: The View

    I saw less than a minute of the show today. Were they talking about a cat, what was the story, and how far into the show was it? I should have checked the time. If it's something interesting, I'll look for it on you tube.

  2. #6102
    HELL-O DR OLIVER! stacerace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bethany, Oklahoma
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3282948;
    I think you're confusing him with the late Peter Jennings who died from cancer. Or, Charlie Gibson did announce about 3 or 4 years ago that he was diagnosed with Essential Tremor. That's the same condition with which Katherine Hepburn was affected.
    That's why I said "or something" But no, I wasn't thinking of Peter Jennings. I knew he was diagnosed with something but I just didn't remember what it was.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

    "We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

    "Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

  3. #6103
    bb addicted tapper01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,876

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3282958;
    I saw less than a minute of the show today. Were they talking about a cat, what was the story, and how far into the show was it? I should have checked the time. If it's something interesting, I'll look for it on you tube.
    it was towards the end when they brought up the cat

    EH took her kids to the WH and grace asked about the cat (the WH cat died)

  4. #6104
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Re: The View

    God, Babs wasn't half babbling on about inauguation fashions through the years today.
    She was determined that there was a correlation between the economic state of the US and the amount of money first ladies have spent on their frocks.
    Did any of you people know that the first time Hillary Clinton wore pants on tv was when Babs interviewed her. You see, there was this dreadful storm.......................
    They went horribly over time and had to cut short Susie Essman's interview.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  5. #6105
    FORT Fogey march's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    863

    Re: The View

    I thought Sherri was going to smuck her today. Now that would have been interesting.

  6. #6106
    Shark Week! dagwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    salt lake city ut
    Age
    43
    Posts
    18,839

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by march;3285741;
    I thought Sherri was going to smuck her today. Now that would have been interesting.
    I think she should have. The way Babs put it, the Cosby's were the only example of an African American family that was all together.

  7. #6107
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,164

    Re: The View

    I was sorry that they did not allow Sherri to go on more. Not because I wanted to see a smackdown on Barbara, but because when Sherri speaks from the heart about a subject that she's passionate about, as she was, she's SO good at expressing herself. To me, there was something very uncomfortable about watching 3 white women pontificate about what the day meant for the black community, black children, and black families, while Sherri and Whoopi sat their silently. Elisabeth wasn't as bad as the other two to me, only because she didn't make all her comments about race (talking about Grace wanting to frame the picture of the Obama girls she was talking about kids identifying with kids, without putting racial overtones on it). The whole thing came across for a moment there to me like Barbara, Joy,and Elisabeth to a lesser degree saying "Let me tell you what the black community is thinking here ..." Sherri can be eloquent in REALLY sharing that message, and she was cut short. And Whoopi answered to my discomfort quite well when she chimed in with her two cents -- brillant, and a leader as usual.

  8. #6108
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Re: The View

    I don't know how much more Barbara I think Whoopi can take.
    She's been insufferable lately, even more so than usual.
    She constantly interupts and I think Whoopi looks fed up every time she has to stop what she's saying mid-thought because the almighty Babs has decided to share a pearl of wisdom with us.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  9. #6109
    Shark Week! dagwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    salt lake city ut
    Age
    43
    Posts
    18,839

    Re: The View

    Babs has been on way too much lately. She needs a vacation.

  10. #6110
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,720

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3286023;
    I was sorry that they did not allow Sherri to go on more. Not because I wanted to see a smackdown on Barbara, but because when Sherri speaks from the heart about a subject that she's passionate about, as she was, she's SO good at expressing herself. To me, there was something very uncomfortable about watching 3 white women pontificate about what the day meant for the black community, black children, and black families, while Sherri and Whoopi sat their silently. Elisabeth wasn't as bad as the other two to me, only because she didn't make all her comments about race (talking about Grace wanting to frame the picture of the Obama girls she was talking about kids identifying with kids, without putting racial overtones on it). The whole thing came across for a moment there to me like Barbara, Joy,and Elisabeth to a lesser degree saying "Let me tell you what the black community is thinking here ..." Sherri can be eloquent in REALLY sharing that message, and she was cut short. And Whoopi answered to my discomfort quite well when she chimed in with her two cents -- brillant, and a leader as usual.
    You summed up my thoughts very nicely. That's how I felt too.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.