+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 1114 FirstFirst ... 115152535455565758596061626364656667686970711111615611061 ... LastLast
Like Tree1491Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey
    Although I have not been a huge Star fan, I thought Star added an element of glamour to the discussion. She and Meredith were my two favourites. I was disappointed when Meredith left and now am equally so about Star leaving. I rarely get to watch the show in it's entirety, but would try to catch the hot topics portion, as I found that the most interesting anyway.

Elizabeth is too "white bread" and shrill for my tastes. I don't relate to either Joy or Barbara, as they are both older and at different places in their lives compared to me.

I watched Larry King and was shocked and disappointed in ABC's handling of Star Jones. Yes, I know it's business, but their handling of her dismissal (and that is what it was) was very shoddy. You would think a little class and dignity would be afforded a 9 year employee.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaingirl70 View Post
    I watched Larry King and was shocked and disappointed in ABC's handling of Star Jones. Yes, I know it's business, but their handling of her dismissal (and that is what it was) was very shoddy. You would think a little class and dignity would be afforded a 9 year employee.
    wait a minute ... don't forget, that was only star's side of the issue ... there's always two sides to a story. and remember, she's a lawyer and knows EXACTLY how to phrase things so as to get people (juries) to see things her way.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    My thoughts on the interview Star had with Larry King...

She was very gracious. She spoke very clearly and answered the questions with direct answers. I did not get any bad vibes off the interview.

The thing that stood out to me was the whole issue about her making the announcement about leaving on tuesdays show. After having to "suck it up" since April 21st that she had no job.

ABC told Star to make up a lie to why she was leaving so they could release it... which Star knew would come back to bite her on the ass. Star did not want to lie about her leaving. And we alllll know had she... she would be in a bigger sh*t storm than what is going on now.

Star also stated that she had told ABC that she did not want some "montage" or "Day of Star moments" as was propsed for the thursday show. Which I can not blame her. She knows why she is out of there... and she is done. No need to play kissy face with a group of people who want her gone. She had wanted to make a simple announcement and move on. Which is exactly what she did...

Star also stated that ABC made the decisions about her staying after dumping her. Star stated that she wanted to leave back in April. But ABC said no...

And also....

ABC nor Miss Walters or the other producers of "The View" had the decency to tell Star about them dropping her.

Some lackie in the ABC office had to call Star's agent or manager to tell them.. to tell Star.

That not once did anyone with ABC, Walters or the producers come to her and tell her they were going in a "new direction". And never did. Not once did Barbara or Bill or any ABC person come talk to her about anything. Yet they kept on leaking the stuff to the press.

But interesting enough... Star stated that last November 2005... that she saw a blurb in one of the NY daily newspaper about her being dropped from the show.

Star went in and spoke directly to "Bill" about seeing this... who then told her, to her face, that there was no truth to it. Which was a lie. He had known since September 2005 that she would not being returning after her contract expired.

Yes... ABC has spent months lying to Star... but kept on leaking ugly comments about her to the press.

Ohhhhh and all the official "ABC" and Barbara Walters comments were just sad and tasteless. And from the look on Larry King's face... he thought so too.

First of all.... I never have consider Barbara Walters all that bright. But she sure has shown off how nasty she can be when she can't control what is thought about her. haha!

And just to be snarky....I also recall.... Barbara Walters got bounced off 20/20-Primetime last year. Makes me wonder if they used the same lackie (who called Star's agent) was used to call Walters, Agent-Manager, to deliver that news. Walters would not have given up that spot with that kind of cash for her minimal input-work, on her own.

Maybe this is ABC way of getting rid of Barbara and The View is by killing it off with their "new direction".

Next thing you know... it is the "Rosie O'Donnel Morning Show" and Walters is out on her butt.
    First of all I thought Star Jones was TOTALLY FAKE on the Larry King show. She was acting. She also did not claim that ABC leaked any rumours about her.

There was a great piece on E! about Star Jones especially when she wa substituting for Joan Rivers on the red carpet and the Hollywood Gossip Columnist doing this piece said that Star was very difficult to work with and everyone hated her and her attitude that and all the freebees she got/demanded for her wedding and her endless self promotion is what led to her downfall in polularity off screen and was a major reason why her contract was not renewed.

Also to be told your contract is not being renewed on April 21st and your contract ends in August means you have 4 months to prepare and leave gracefully and if they want her to leave on July 13th that still leaves a couple of weeks she is paid for not working. How sweet a deal is that?? How many folks would love to be in a situation like that??
    Last edited by Bearcata; 07-01-2006 at 04:01 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Larry showed kis true colors by stating that granny was 'crushed'. Maybe she feels like that because this situation isn't all about her.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    Larry showed kis true colors by stating that granny was 'crushed'. Maybe she feels like that because this situation isn't all about her.
    granny is Barbara????

I know Barbara has said that they were not expecting Star to make any annoucements on Tuesdays. IMHO Star ambushed them, because it is a live show and they could do nothing about it. Also I thought she was highly hypocritical on the Larry King Show by claiming she did not want this to deteriorate to a cat fight. Well she is the one who started it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fanatic
    its turning into a catfight. yes. but i believe that it wouldnt be quite catty and more nasty if barbara didnt say what she said the following day. by doing so just made things worst and made star come out more for the free publicity she got by being totally erased. they played right into stars hands. shes playing the victim on how the dismissal was handled.

now waiting for abc/the view/barbaras response.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    but i believe that it wouldnt be quite catty and more nasty if barbara didnt say what she said the following day. .
    I agree with you, bell. Had Barbara not addressed anything....just left Star's tuesday View statement stand, very little more would have come of it. Allow the View to have some recap show on thursday and say goodbye to Star decently (regardless of how everyone at ABC feels) shows more dignity and class than an abrupt, terse dismissal statement by Babs. Frankly, I am very disappointed in the childish nature of Barbara and ABC. (I do think Star is a diva and probably a childish drama queen, but I did not think Barbara would stoop to such behaviour). I think all the hubbabaloo about the "she said,she said" argument just adds fuel to the fire.

P.S. I actually enjoyed Star Jones' analysis during the OJ Simpson trial and thought she was a good addition to the View, hence my defense of her. And yes, barefootdyke, I agree that she really knows how to appeal to people sympathies....but something about the ABC dismissal thing-non renewal-hiring of Rosie- after she blatantly insulted a panel member- rubs me the wrong way....
    Last edited by mountaingirl70; 07-01-2006 at 07:01 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I'm sure that during the show that had been pre-taped with some of the stars of The Devil Wears Prada, Star was thinking that Barbara should have been wearing Prada that day instead of Bill Blass!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I'm sure that during the show that had been pre-taped with some of the stars of The Devil Wears Prada, Star was thinking that Barbara should have been wearing Prada that day instead of Bill Blass!
    yeah, it was interesting to watch the first few minutes of that discussion when they were talking about women bosses after all that had happened the past couple of days. you could tell star had a lot on her mind.

oh, and as soon as they showed the "previously recorded" but it was a new episode with celebrities promoting a movie that hasn't even come out yet, makes me wonder just how many of their shows truly ARE "live"?

FORT Fogey
    Just let her shut up already.

Her contract was not renewed? So what? She brought it on herself with all the garbage about her wedding and her "natural" weight loss".

She gets too much air time with all her crap.

+ Reply to Thread