+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1349Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

To me, she's the single most annoying person on television.
    I agree.

So, is it too much to dream that she isn't on today? I know, Paul McCartney...she will probably be there but a girl can dream, right?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3277619;
    And the most annoying part of all is that she usually interrupts them to tell everyone what the other person she just interrupted was already in the middle to telling everyone anyway. It's like she feels no one can tell the story as good as she can.
    The way that she was doing it yesterday absolutely got on my last nerve when they were talking about the idea of people who are elite. The key point in what was being said was people attending Ivy league schools. WHICH particular school DID NOT MATTER to the point being made. And yet, each time that Sherri or Elisabeth stated the wrong school, she had to chirp in to correct them, which totally came across as her being nothing but a big know-it-all. The sweet irony in it was that in trying to be the little know-it-all, Barbara got it wrong too! She said that Bush had gone to Yale Law, and then corrected herself to say that he got his MBA at Yale. Um, no Barbara. George W Bush got his undergraduate degree from Yale. his MBA came from HARVARD, not his father's alma mater of Yale. At least when I'm a know-it-all, I get my facts straight!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Today, Barbara referred to Sir Paul as "Sir Paula" when she made her lame attempt to tell the audience that they'd be right back from the break; Joy "Sir Paul'd" her, thank goodness. And in her lame attempt to introduce him, she called him "Sir Paul McCarTHney". This woman is getting more intolerable everyday.

The synapses in her brain are getting further apart than anything in the Grand Canyon. And they need to put a ramp on those steps that lead to the table where they start the show, 'cause granny is having a hard time navigating them without help.

She grates on my last nerve. Can you tell??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3274880;
    What did she say about Jewish people and single mom's?
    I don't know about single moms, but apparently on a CNBC show recently she said that Jewish people needed to be "perfected" by becoming Christian.

This link has the transcript with the related passages highlighted:
    FOXNews.com - Columnist Ann Coulter Shocks Cable TV Show, Declaring 'Jews Need to Be Perfected by Becoming Christians' - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3277692;
    I don't know about single moms, but apparently on a CNBC show recently she said that Jewish people needed to be "perfected" by becoming Christian.

This link has the transcript with the related passages highlighted:
    FOXNews.com - Columnist Ann Coulter Shocks Cable TV Show, Declaring 'Jews Need to Be Perfected by Becoming Christians' - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
    There is a thread discussing all of that in the CE threads.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3277692;
    I don't know about single moms,
    As for the single moms comment, AC has a chapter in her new book that gives stats that a large amount of those in prison have been raised by single moms. It became a big deal since, with the exceptions of EH, they are all single moms.
    EH did rightly bring up the "Where are the dads and why are THEY not blamed" question.
    I think the clip can be found with a google search.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3277837;
    As for the single moms comment, AC has a chapter in her new book that gives stats that a large amount of those in prison have been raised by single moms. It became a big deal since, with the exceptions of EH, they are all single moms.
    EH did rightly bring up the "Where are the dads and why are THEY not blamed" question.
    I think the clip can be found with a google search.
    I was dissapointed that none of the women pointed out what to me is the obvious fallacy in Coulter's argument on this one -- that just because a majority of people in prison were raised by single moms does NOT mean that a majority of people raised by single moms are in prison. She was using a statistic one way, but then applying it a different way.

I did enjoy the fact today that they made no bones about the fact that it was Whoopi that put the kibosh on Ann Coulter the other day. The not-so-subtle comment was made several times about the fact that if Whoopi didn't like you, you weren't coming back after the break. That, and BW's annoying overly nicey-nicey schtick. :eyeroll

Joy and Whoopi have seemed incredibly annoyed with Babs this week.
    I don't blame them one bit. She's been an interupting machine.
    Yes, I know they all do it, but she's been out of control this week, imo and they've made no bones of the fact they find it irritating.

Coulter was as offensive as I expected her to be. You really do get what you pay for with her.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I loved seeing Toni Collette on today, and I thought the interview was really well executed! She's a fabulous actress, the show needs to be lauded for its choice of guests today.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

+ Reply to Thread