+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree983Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Veruka--hi.

After seeing Joy be her pretty normal self today I've decided that possibly what was going on last week was something like her waiting for the results of a test--like a biopsy. You know--the kind of thing that the docs can't tell you anything about until they get the results and it's either going to be okay--or be really bad news.

It might have been for herself--or for her daughter. We often worry more about our loved ones than we do for ourselves in those situations.

She seems to have come through whatever it was okay.

(Disclaimer--The above is my supposition based on nothing more than how I perceived her to be feeling/acting last week. No actual facts were used in forming this personal opinion.)
    Last edited by steppemaster; 01-12-2009 at 01:23 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3274774;
    I didn't see the show, but isn't this Ann person the one that made disparaging comments about Jewish people? It might have been something about that. There's a thread here at the FORT about it, but I haven't read it.

Yes--she's the one.

Now she seems to be trying to do the same thing with African Americans.

What a nasty peice of work she is!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3274774;
    I didn't see the show, but isn't this Ann person the one that made disparaging comments about Jewish people? It might have been something about that. There's a thread here at the FORT about it, but I haven't read it.

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3274777;
    Yes--she's the one.

Now she seems to be trying to do the same thing with African Americans.

What a nasty peice of work she is!
    I haven't heard anything about that! I have seen her on numerous occasions on the Bill Maher show on HBO. The two of them are actually really good friends considering they're on opposite ends of the spectrum with her being a right wing nut and him being a left wing nut. I have heard him defend her and actually he lit into Richard Belzer once on his show for being rude to her. He was particularly hateful and nasty and deserved it, I thought. However, I'm quite horrified to hear that she said those things. What did she say anyway?
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fogey

Stacerace--hi--

--I only have a minute now--but one of the things she said was that "people who are mixed race"--like Obama and Hallie Berry--"EMPHASIZE their Black side to get an advantage."

Words to that effect.

She also said that "single mothers cause crime."

Lots and lots of stuff about how "bad" single mothers are for society--with several single mothers sitting right there with her.

And then she got upset and very insulting when they took issue with what she said.

She was very nasty to the women but seemed thrown off balance when they actually chaallenged her ideas--such as they are.

It was obvious that she was supposed to have been there when they came bqck from break--but she was gone--and nothing was said about it. An unheralded "remodelling the dressingrooms" piece waith Joy was run instead.

Maybe someone else here can give you exact quotes. I don't record or tivo so I can't re-watch it.

What did she say about Jewish people and single mom's?

It was obvious that she was supposed to have been there when they came bqck from break--but she was gone--and nothing was said about it. An unheralded "remodelling the dressingrooms" piece waith Joy was run instead.

Thanks for posting this. I was semi-watching today's show while working at the computer and couldn't figure out why, on a live show, suddenly the dressing room remodeling (which I had seen before) was being run. Coulter obviously couldn't take the heat the gals were giving her. She sure likes to dish it out, however. Glad someone finally stood up to her.

And why the networks give her time to promote her hate-filled books is beyond my understanding. She was on the Today Show with Matt Lauer a few days ago and very miffed that she had been bumped the day before for an interview with Tony Blair.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by annifran;3274976;

And why the networks give her time to promote her hate-filled books is beyond my understanding. She was on the Today Show with Matt Lauer a few days ago and very miffed that she had been bumped the day before for an interview with Tony Blair.
    Two reasons. First she's published by Random House, and they are one of the biggest names in publisihing. In order to get the names published by Random House that the networks really really want (they've got the biggies -- they published Obama's books among many others) they have to take others who Random House wants promoted as well.

Second, because controversy stirred up by someone like Coulter benefits the networks as well. When she goes on Today or The View and says something outrageous, buzz is created over it, and Today or The View get publicity as well. It's a tit for tat relationship.

Oh, and on the Today show thing -- she was not simply miffed because she was bumped for Blair. she was miffed because she was initially CANCELLED completely, and not bumped. They kept other trivial segments in, but cancelled her and did not reschedule it. It was not until she made a big deal about it (and presumably Random House did the same behind the scenes) that she was re-scheduled to the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3274876;

Maybe someone else here can give you exact quotes. I don't record or tivo so I can't re-watch it.
    The thing with Thom Felicia (the designer who did the dressing room makeovers) was actually scheduled in advance, and it isn't at all unusual for them to cut in pretty abruptly to commercial when there's a guest, and return with a new segment. I think it just seemed noticeable because it had been such a heated discussion. Thom Felicia was there to announce the contest that the View and Kimberly-Clark are doing, the "Room-A-Day" thing. It's a shame that got a little lost in the Ann Coulter hubbub, because it looks like a really cool contest.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3274603;
    Ann Coulter...one disgusting piece of human flesh. Definitely a tool if ever there was one. She is a strong example and agrument for retroactive abortion.
    Amen to that. I love how they all piled on her.

Whoopi's closing quip of "you can dish it out but you can't take it" said it all.

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz;3274613;
    I missed most of the show. I just tuned in and heard Whoopi tell her that she could dish it out but that she couldn't take it. Boy I hate I missed it. I hope they did not just sit there and listen to her bull without calling her on it.
    They didn't let her get away with anything. It was one time I didn't find it obnoxious that they talk all over each other.

+ Reply to Thread