+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1635Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by NannaV;3271841;
    Used to be a star?? Tom is a major star. His interview was wonderful today. Such a charming and handsome guy!
    Yes he is. I enjoyed the interview but felt sad for him when he talked about John and Jett.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I wish I was more into celebs than I am. Sometimes, I think Whoopi and I are sisters.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3271887;
    I tend to agree with you. Tom Cruise has definitely been "re-programmed" into the Tom-bot that he used to be, and I'd agree with you that the crazy guy is probably more like the REAL Tom Cruise. I don't like either one. The charm that he was trying to exude today gets on my nerves, because it comes across as so fake to me. He does things - such as when he first came out and after the women sat down he continued to stand, looking at the audience like "oh, come on, keep the applause going" - that just leave me thinking that he loves himself so much that there's just no need for me to.

And to the point that he "used to be" a star? I'd agree that he's still a star. He would not appear on The View if he were not. However, I don't think there's much of an argument that his star has sunk quite a bit in recent years -- primarily since he divorced Nicole Kidman. The box office for his movies has declined, and he's not the major force he used to be. He may still be a star, but there is a long long list of men in Hollywood with more appeal (by that I mean from a professional standpoint in wanting him in projects - not physical appeal) than he has.
    He was already losing his appeal for me anyway and then I read an article in People a few years back. It was an interview with Scarlet Johansen and she said that she was approached by TC and his enterage (sp?) of Scientology people and they basically told her she could have the lead female role in War of the Worlds if she agreed to convert to Scientology and marry him. There was something about a contract that she only had to be married to him for a certain period of time, YADA, YADA...And then the next thing she heard was that Katie Holmes got roped into that deal which made me really sad for her and her family. She seems like such a sweet person and was a nice Catholic girl so I'm sure her family was not happy. No matter how $$ I was offered I would never give up being a Christian. I really feel sorry for her and those poor innocent little kids. He'll probably drop her in about 5 years like he did to Nicole Kidman. I mildly disliked him before but now he just makes me want to
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fanatic

Re: ER - Emergency Room

In the Tom Cruise interview I found it interesting how he said that Scientology "encouraged" medical treatment and to get the physical body in the shape it should be in. Which pretty much contradicts his entire rant to Matt Lauer about post-partum depression and other psychiatric drugs - isn't your brain part of the physical body?

I think I'm at the point where I'm going to start skipping any show Barbara is in. While I'm not a fan of Tom Cruise I found her interruption of him explaining his character to inject her bumbling explanation was incredibly rude and the last straw. She seems to think she knows everything about anything and has to shut down the entire show until she feels the public has been duly educated (and cowed by her supreme intelligence). It's one thing to sit through her tirades during hot topics, it's another for her to interrupt interviews. But then it's not like Tom would know more about a character he spent months researching and playing than Barbara.

I've not been a fan of TC's for years.
    When he went into the audience at the end, it just seemed like a "fake" attempt to try to win back his waning audience. I just wasn't buying it.

FORT Regular

I saw it as Tom being repsonsive to all of his fans who were there to see him. He is great at spending time with his fans when he does appearances like this.

FORT Fogey

I only saw the first shows at the beginning of the week--but I could tell there was something "wrong" with Joy--she was very quiet--not talking--and she sat very still.

Something big or something that affects her deeply is my guess.

Although Idon't always agree with her, I like her style--I hope all will be well.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3274303;
    I only saw the first shows at the beginning of the week--but I could tell there was something "wrong" with Joy--she was very quiet--not talking--and she sat very still.

Something big or something that affects her deeply is my guess.

Although Idon't always agree with her, I like her style--I hope all will be well.
    I am afraid you may be right. Being open and sharing about everything happening in your life is pretty much a pre-requesite for the host job on this show. Anytime one of the women is out for a day, they always explain where she is -- even when its something tough like a death in the family or Sherri dealing with divorce proceedings. It was very noticable that when they said that Joy was not there they 1) did not explain why and 2) were non-commital about when she would be back. It definitely seemed like something was going on, and I would guess that for them to be that silent, it would not be good.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Ann Coulter...one disgusting piece of human flesh. Definitely a tool if ever there was one. She is a strong example and agrument for retroactive abortion.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-12-2009 at 12:40 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3274603;
    Ann Coulter...one disgusting piece of human flesh. Definitely a tool if ever there were one.
    You can say that again. She has to be the most obnoxious person ever
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread