+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3271288;
    I think Barbara looks like hell today. Wardrobe and hair did her no favors.
    And speaking of hell, the show has BEEN hell with her being on all week. What gives? Normally she's not on the show all week. I've barely been able to tolerate watching with with all her incessant interrupting of others, hands flailing in the air etc.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I think she has been on because Joy has not.

She also had to be on so she could talk about her Patrick Swayze interview show that aired on Wednesday night.

Of course, after being on hiatus for two weeks, she just put in a four-day/five-show week this week. But, yeah, it seemed like she was on way too much!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3271477;
    And speaking of hell, the show has BEEN hell with her being on all week. What gives? Normally she's not on the show all week. I've barely been able to tolerate watching with with all her incessant interrupting of others, hands flailing in the air etc.
    The schedule alone could have predicted that she'd be on all week. OF COURSE she was goingto be on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Her being there is the best way to make sure that her special with Patrick Swayze would be mentioned EVERY SINGLE DAY. (sidebar: I'm not done watching the interview, but with what I've seen so far, I'm VERY impressed by Patrick Swayze, and I have NOT been much of a fan of his in the past). Then, she had to be on the Tom Cruise show, because God forbid a star of that level come on ... and one who contacts her and she gushes all about it ... without her being there. So that just leaves hte resolutions show. I'm guessing that had Joy not been absent the day it was taped, she would not have been on that one. But for her special and Tom, there was no way she was missing those days.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Is my on-screen guide wrong, or is BW's interview with Patrick Swayze on again tonight?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3271531;
    Is my on-screen guide wrong, or is BW's interview with Patrick Swayze on again tonight?
    It could very well be. This time of year, it would not surprise me if ABC didn't use it as filler. If it is on, it is certainly worth watching. I was blown away by his candor and honesty not just with the audience, but also with himself.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Just read (and posted in 'Misc. Celeb News' thread) where Patrick has checked himself into the hospital with pneumonia.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I hate to hear that. I've liked him since I first saw him.

FORT Fogey

I do not like this latest version of tom cruise. He is in total damage control mode. Seems like all of his recent interviews are a rehash of what he USED to be by dragging out clips of his movies from when he WAS a star.
    I think the TC we saw a few years back that bagged on Brooke Shields is the REAL tom cruise.
    Now all he is doing is running around trying to remind everyone that they used to love him and they still should because he is the same guy.
    Not buying it. He is a JERK and a LIAR. And I will NOT give any of his projects a single penny.

FORT Regular

Used to be a star?? Tom is a major star. His interview was wonderful today. Such a charming and handsome guy!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3271721;
    I do not like this latest version of tom cruise. He is in total damage control mode. Seems like all of his recent interviews are a rehash of what he USED to be by dragging out clips of his movies from when he WAS a star.
    I think the TC we saw a few years back that bagged on Brooke Shields is the REAL tom cruise.
    Now all he is doing is running around trying to remind everyone that they used to love him and they still should because he is the same guy.
    Not buying it. He is a JERK and a LIAR. And I will NOT give any of his projects a single penny.
    I tend to agree with you. Tom Cruise has definitely been "re-programmed" into the Tom-bot that he used to be, and I'd agree with you that the crazy guy is probably more like the REAL Tom Cruise. I don't like either one. The charm that he was trying to exude today gets on my nerves, because it comes across as so fake to me. He does things - such as when he first came out and after the women sat down he continued to stand, looking at the audience like "oh, come on, keep the applause going" - that just leave me thinking that he loves himself so much that there's just no need for me to.

And to the point that he "used to be" a star? I'd agree that he's still a star. He would not appear on The View if he were not. However, I don't think there's much of an argument that his star has sunk quite a bit in recent years -- primarily since he divorced Nicole Kidman. The box office for his movies has declined, and he's not the major force he used to be. He may still be a star, but there is a long long list of men in Hollywood with more appeal (by that I mean from a professional standpoint in wanting him in projects - not physical appeal) than he has.

+ Reply to Thread