+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1538Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Our show was interrupted for the Obama speech so I missed a lot of the talk on the resolution stuff.

Tomorrow (Friday) apparently Tom Cruise is on and will talk about the death of Jett Travolta as well as plug Valkyrie. This show was filmed on Thursday and Joy was there, even though she wasn't on the show on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3271024;
    Our show was interrupted for the Obama speech so I missed a lot of the talk on the resolution stuff.

Tomorrow (Friday) apparently Tom Cruise is on and will talk about the death of Jett Travolta as well as plug Valkyrie. This show was filmed on Thursday and Joy was there, even though she wasn't on the show on Thursday.
    Is Joy sick or something? I heard Barbara say something, but not sure what.

Yeah, I got all set to watch the show, for the first time in months, and then had to turn the tv off.

FORT Fogey

Joy wasn't there on Wednesday. At the start of the show, they said she was dealing with something and would be back soon. They didn't elaborate as to what it was, so obviously it was something she doesn't want to deal with publicly - at least yet. I believe the resolution show that aired yesterday was intended to be Friday's taped show, taped Wednesday when Joy was out. Due to Obama's speech, they ended up taping what was supposed to be a live show with Tom Cruise and that will air today. So even though Joy was absent for two shows, it appears that it was only a single day.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3271024;
    You didn't miss much, IMO. It was kind of a lame show.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think Barbara looks like hell today. Wardrobe and hair did her no favors.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Regular

Tom Cruise was fantastic today!! Great interview with him and I am glad that he was given so much time.

Tom is just as adorable to day as he was in the clip from Risky Business from 25 years ago. He has the best laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by NannaV;3271303;
    Tom Cruise was fantastic today!! Great interview with him and I am glad that he was given so much time.

Tom is just as adorable to day as he was in the clip from Risky Business from 25 years ago. He has the best laugh.
    I got to watch today, too. I really like Tom Cruise and was glad to see and hear him.

I'm not a big Tom Cruise fan. I liked his earlier movies but some of the press he's gotten lately has really turned me against him. I was very impressed by his interview today and surprised, I guess. I don't know if I expected him to jump on the couch like a fool again or what, but he came across as very down to earth and sincere today. He seemed genuinely choked up about Jett Travolta's death. I also liked the fact that he hung around after the show to meet the audience and take pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3271288;
    I think Barbara looks like hell today. Wardrobe and hair did her no favors.

Her hair is ridiculous! I too, like when she's not there. She can't even get things right, All My Children.

Sorry, but I just couldn't see all the fawning over Tom Cruise today. It seemed llike Rosie O'Donnell was back on the show today.

+ Reply to Thread