+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1505Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3270188;
    I've always wondered what's wrong with them having their natural hair color. I don't see that coloring Elisabeth's hair is necessary. She's very pretty but darker hair wouldn't change that fact and lighter hair doesn't either.
    I agree that she'd be pretty either way and is. I think a darker shade would complement her skin tones. Too much light blonde just washes her out.

As far as women coloring their hair, it's a majority of women who color their hair. Of my friends / colleagues, I don't know of anyone who does not color their hair. In fact, nowadays many men - of all ages - color their hair, as well.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 01-08-2009 at 05:37 PM.

I color my hair because I like having bright/dark red hair versus my normal color. It's something fun to do for me similar to wearing make up or fashion for some women. I choose to do piercings and have red hair.

Oh I'm not saying there's anything wrong with coloring your hair, I just don't know why some people feel the need to do it. It's too much trouble for me and I like my dark brown hair well enough anyway. Coloring my hair wouldn't improve on my overweight body, so why bother?

I color my hair to hide the gray. I will probably quit doing so soon. If I follow my fathers pattern, and I think I will...I have so far, my hair will be pure white and I think I will like that.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3270515;
    I color my hair to hide the gray. I will probably quit doing so soon. If I follow my fathers pattern, and I think I will...I have so far, my hair will be pure white and I think I will like that.
    One of my girlfriends is 74. Several years ago, she kept her hair dyed jet black. She told me that she wanted to let it go gray but her husband wanted her to look JUST like she did when they met. I stood and looked at her for a few minutes and declared "well you sure as hell DON'T". We both fell out laughing. She hasn't colored it in a few years now. Guess he finally agreed with me.

Both my sisters were gray long before they were my age. They have beautiful white hair now. I have very little gray. Maybe I'll wake up some morning and it will match theirs.

I've always loved how the wonderful singer EmmyLou Harris let her long hair remain natural, with that beautiful grey/white. Same thing with singer Bonnie Raitt, but I don't criticize anyone who colors their hair (I used to).

But I wish that EH would get touchups more often, because usually colored hair looks bad when the roots grow out.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3270756;
    I've always loved how the wonderful singer EmmyLou Harris let her long hair remain natural, with that beautiful grey/white. Same thing with singer Bonnie Raitt, but I don't criticize anyone who colors their hair (I used to).

But I wish that EH would get touchups more often, because usually colored hair looks bad when the roots grow out.
    I think that's why I could never stick with it. I procrastinate about getting a hair cut so I can imagine what my roots would look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3270760;
    I think that's why I could never stick with it. I procrastinate about getting a hair cut so I can imagine what my roots would look like.
    Yeah, I consider colored hair to be high maintenance (and expensive unless you do it yourself). I know several women who do their own hair color, and it looks great.

I'm also fond of the bright neon hair colors (when done well), LOL. Hair, tattoos, jewelry and clothing are all forms of art (well, they can be).

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3269964;
    but if her grandfather had a funeral with military honors, it is a VERY impressive ceremony and I'm sure it left an impression on her and everyone there. I have been fortunate enough to have gone to two services like that and what they do is just awe inspiring and unforgettable. I say fortunate because even though it is a funeral and a loss, the military aspect of it is incredible to see.
    I was in the Navy Reserves and I volunteered to serve in funerals that requested military honors. I usually was on flag detail, not the bugle and I wasnt an officer so I didnt have to recite anything and present the flag. It is impressive though. I considered it an honor to give something back to those who served before me.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I actually got the nerve to watch today, i liked whoopi snatching the food. Hella funny.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread