+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

MRD

Re: The View

I can't believe I'm about to defend Elizabeth (there's always a first), but if her grandfather had a funeral with military honors, it is a VERY impressive ceremony and I'm sure it left an impression on her and everyone there. I have been fortunate enough to have gone to two services like that and what they do is just awe inspiring and unforgettable. I say fortunate because even though it is a funeral and a loss, the military aspect of it is incredible to see.

I don't think she was dissing those that didn't serve. Many didn't serve.
    Some can't for medical reasons and some couldn't in WWII and Korea because of either medical reasons or in the case of farmers and other workers, their job at home was deemed necessary for the war effort and they didn't serve.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I agree with ya, MRD. Wow - I just defended Elisabeth. Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3268423;
    That's why you take the kid in the bathroom to "discipline" them.
    This made me laugh so hard! I was thinking 'damn, LilBit is old school!' (and it works) When I was about 4 my mom said I made a huge fuss in the shoe department of a department store so she dragged me and my brothers (2yrs and baby) to the bathroom and gave me a spanking and I never did that again.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I don't remember ever spanking any of my grandkids, but I guess they thought I just might. I remember once when our family was in a restaurant for a breakfast buffet. My daughter in law wanted to go get her food and her kid, who was about three then, threw a fit every time she made a move to get up. I told her to go ahead and I leaned over into the kids ear and said "if you don't want me to take you in that bathroom, you'd better straighten up and stop that crap". He did. I'm still not sure why because I had never taken him into the bathroom except to pee.

I like Elisabeth's new haircut / do a lot, but I still wish the colorist would do darker rather than blonder.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Maybe they are trying to give her an excuse for being so stupid at times..
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3270168;
    I like Elisabeth's new haircut / do a lot, but I still wish the colorist would do darker rather than blonder.
    I've always wondered what's wrong with them having their natural hair color. I don't see that coloring Elisabeth's hair is necessary. She's very pretty but darker hair wouldn't change that fact and lighter hair doesn't either.

FORT Regular

Of the five ladies, three color their hair and one wears a wig, only Whoopi is natural. I wonder how that compares to regular ladies, like if you asked five, what percentage color their hair.

That's an interesting question, NannaV. Of all my friends, only one colors her hair. Most of us have some gray but don't color it.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    What is the name of the diet book and author on today's show?

combatcutie.... you can also find his information at 50millionpounds.com

+ Reply to Thread