+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1436Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3269282;
    I watched yesterday's show after reading the comment about military service, trying to figure out what provoked it. I couldn't figure it out. What did she say to bring about hte comment about her feelings on military service?
    When she spoke about her grandfather's passing, she mentioned that he had "served his country". WWII I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3269497;
    I don't consultants were necessary. She knew she had to not give in, but that is the hard part. I went through this with my daughter. The saying no and making her stay in her bed was hard. I even tried making her sleep on the floor if she wanted to sleep in my room, if she wanted to sleep in a bed there was a perfectly good one in her room, and she was fine with that. It's all a matter of putting your foot down and keeping it down. In the middle of the night, I can see where it is hard to do that.
    I agree. It's just that I think that someone who (apparently) makes a more than decent salary would get help, instead of using their television podium to present an unresolved problem. Like I said, it would be so much more palatable if Sherri had presented the problem, along with a solution/several solutions, and resouces for viewer mothers, because she possibly has so many more resources (even if only $$$) than the average mother/single mother.

I don't think my point got across, but oh well.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3266689;
    I wonder how Elisabeth feels about Tim's not having served in the military, since she is so off into people serving in the military. Lord knows he could have been doing that while he was doing nothing on the benches of the professional football teams year after year after year.

I am sure that EH is like any wife out there that wants her husband to be in a career that makes HIM happy and a joy to come home to each night.
    And Tim wasn't doing nothing while on the bench. Just like the other 2nd, 3rd and 4th string players in the NFL he was earning a GREAT living while keeping his joints and limbs in tact. How is that a bad thing?

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by NannaV;3268399;
    These days, if a parent tries to discipline a child in public, someone will call DFAC on them.
    If you've been consistant with disclipline and expectations of good behavior in public from the beginning, then you can discipline them in public with a look or a few words. No need to beat them to the point where DFAC is called.

Or you can remove them from public to the car or the restroom and have a longer talking too.

I've left many stores and resturants to do just that.

3rd and 4th string players don't earn so great a living. Some don't even make 6 figure salaries.
    Last edited by MRD; 01-08-2009 at 06:50 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3269601;
    When she spoke about her grandfather's passing, she mentioned that he had "served his country". WWII I believe.
    I saw that part. So she never said anything derogatory about those who did NOT serve in the military. She simply mentioned that as one of the things she admired about her grandfather was his military service. And from that, we're supposed to believe that she has an issue of some sort with anyone who does NOT serve? I don't agree with that sort of assertion. Praise for something does not necessarily translate to disdain for NOT having that something.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3269678;

3rd and 4th string players don't earn so great a living. Some don't even make 6 figure salaries.
    Ah, but there are many people in this country who are very happy with the livings they earn who are not making 6 figure salaries.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3269678;

I am sure EH's hubby was making the league Min, which last *I* heard was around 285k, FIRST year, and that goes up about 75k per year each year you're in the league give or take up to about 820k.

So yeah they do make a good loving for doing little. And that little is on Game Day... they are on the field for practice and take hard hits as well. Who do you think the 1st and 2nd stringers play against??

Her hubby was making nearly 600k a year, based on 2007 LM. He was a Back up in most cases.. so then he would make more.
    Last edited by FireWoman; 01-08-2009 at 09:09 AM.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3269706;
    I saw that part. So she never said anything derogatory about those who did NOT serve in the military. She simply mentioned that as one of the things she admired about her grandfather was his military service. And from that, we're supposed to believe that she has an issue of some sort with anyone who does NOT serve? I don't agree with that sort of assertion. Praise for something does not necessarily translate to disdain for NOT having that something.
    I agree. I am incredibly proud that both my father and grandfather served, Grandpa in WWII and Dad in Korea. That doesn't make people who didn't serve any less in my eyes. She was talking about the funeral and said because he served he had the honor guard. It wasn't anything against people who didn't, it was all about the funeral.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

What is the name of the diet book and author on today's show?
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I know his name is Dr. Ian Smith. You should be able to find his book using his name. Google, Amazon, whatever.

Maybe The 4 Day Diet?
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-08-2009 at 12:10 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Thank you
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread