+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 1123 FirstFirst ... 105051525354555657585960616263646566676869701101605601060 ... LastLast
Like Tree1548Likes

Thread: The View

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    i have to admit, i used to like rosie back in the day but i grew tired of her quickly when she had her talk show. i guess i like her in small doses. not sure what it's going to be like with her on the view. i'm sure i'll watch just to see.

for the record, i seldom watch the whole show anyway. i usually tune in just for the opening discussion ... and then fast forward to any interviews that interest me (which isn't often). other than that, i don't watch it that much anyway. but i do record it everyday "just in case".

I am very much a "girl's girl", and I am sure that my opinion will not be popular, but I can't STAND this show. I have tried to watch, for example, when Matthew M. was a guest. But the constant interuptions and talking over one another drove me NUTS. I want to hear what the guests have to say, not the "coffee clatch". So I just lost interest in the whole debacle, and ALL of its hosts. Good luck to them, though.
    Go Tigers!

FireStorm, I'm a mom, but I can't relate to any of their lifestyles. Rosie being a lesbian is the least of my concern because several of my friends are lesbians and gay men. I just don't care for the woman.

snoopy, that all talking at once has always driven me crazy. You can't tell what any of them is saying. When my friends and I are talking, if two people start at once, one or the other usually shuts up. Not these camera and microphone hogs.

I miss The Other Half. (Clark, Lopez, Bonaduce, Gregory)
    Those guys were great! It was just a fun show.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    All the talk in this forum and in the media had me curious about The View, and, as I had the day off, I watched the rerun this morning with The Devil Wears Prada cast. Anyone could tell that there was something going on between Barbara and Star, just by Star's body language. She sat there next to Barbara the whole time but clinched up and kind of rolling her eyes every time Barbara said anything. She acted like a scolded child, which was NOT the Star Jones I remember from the OJ Simpson trial coverage (which, beyond those silly red carpet things she did, is my only experience with her).

The Hot Topics part was inane, as the topics weren't all that hot, and they didn't say much about any one of them. Then, when the movie cast came out, it was one long banquette seating arrangement. Is this normally how it's done? Had I been Meryl Streep, I'd have left. Barbara pulls out some "10 Myths about Meryl Streep" thing from Time Magazine, and goes down the list saying "Is this true????" on each one. Hello, Babs, if they're myths what do YOU think? That was the point where I lost it, and flipped the channel.

Well it sounds like the show you saw was about par for the course. Often their hot topics sort of veer off into the sunset.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    They didn't really have to continue reiterating that it was previously recorded, viewers knew ahead of time already.
    According to people, brandy will be there nexy week. I dont get the need for the guest to be black, wtf are they trying to get at?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    According to people, brandy will be there nexy week. I dont get the need for the guest to be black, wtf are they trying to get at?
    cause they're trying to be "politically correct". sometimes thats just too funny.

broadway & bbnbama...and others. i do understand about the contract situations and stuff. but there are times when you just cant suck it up and go with it to the end. yes its a business with contracts and stuff BUT this is HOLLYWOOD, so anything goes. hollywood and real life just isnt on the same page on what we all do. IF, star said was true, in april she asked to leave back then when she was told she wasnt being resigned but they said no and asked her to fulfill whatever they wanted. she agreed. okay...still under contract. but, abc/producers/walters whomever was involved should've known things would get out of hand especially when barbara announced that rosie was being added. around the same time she was insulting/criticizing star. of course star would feel hurt and betrayed and angry. but she continued playing their puppet. she kept it in and stayed ALMOST to the very end.

but again, star wasnt going to work with rosie anyways so why do this? just couple days before the actual "announcement" per ABC/the view.

cause star wanted to get the so-called last work or the upper gain to the messy dismiss. but she did it in a nice, graceful way without insulting anyone. just saying that she was leaving and both were going in different directions or something like that. she thanked everyone and so on. only problem was that it wasnt ON THE DAY abc wanted. and well the people interview was coming out anyways so why wait. it wouldve been a more uncomfortable situation if she didnt announce it right away. but again, why did she have the interview.

i guess she wanted to get back at the view/abc/walters etc on being let go and having them announce rosie at the emmys. i dont think its more so on being let go but by being treated unfairly. its business decisions but at times courtesy helps. and abc/walters should have had the courtesy in just letting star know heads up early on that she was being let go instead of the lies/innuendos about shes safe or trying to save her, etc. especially if someone in the relationship thought they were friends. but it didnt help star out about being honest and so on when she didnt tell the view her intentions that day. but again why should she when in her eyes she was being lied to and dismissed.

everything goes both ways here. honesty, backstabbing, love/hate, backstabbing, backstabbing, lies, truth, who talks first, backstabbing, kissing ass, etc. its really pathetic but its just one of those things you'll end up enjoying cause of all the badmouthing and catfights.

oh, barbara walters - a seasoned journalist, host, etc...should've just left it alone. she shouldn't have said her piece right away. she shouldve been the better person and dont say anything until needed. star said her goodbyes in a "correct" way (again not on their terms) but it was a nice goodbye in stars way. but when barbara announced the immediate dismissal of star...it opened up a war of words where star will enjoy the immense attraction that will go her way by playing the victim. to me, they just handed the platter over to star. they played into stars hand. they fell for her trick. and now shes playing it up. a very smart slimey lawyer way. the girl got brains and guts.

everything was done in a calculated way. BOTH SIDES. just that star decided to up them and do it her way several days before the actual.

did i mention that i love catfights, backstabbing, lies, badmouthing, etc. well, i just love watching when others are doing it. not to me though. just love the drama. now waiting for whats going to happen next. who's going to talk next.

i cant stand rosie. didnt like her then (cutie patootie or whatever crap she said) and still cant stand her. and not cause of her lifestyle (cause i have family members and close friends who enjoys the same lifestyle). like what muduh said, just dont care for her at all. its just something about her rubs me the wrong way. maybe its cause shes aggressive when shes serious. cant wait to see rosie and elizabeth go at it. granted rosie will bulldoze elizabeth over but the girl will still say her piece before she end up crying and quitting before she gets 'fired'.

i think im done now.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    They didn't really have to continue reiterating that it was previously recorded, viewers knew ahead of time already.
    Maybe Brandy is there to promote her new summer show and it has nothing to do with the color of her skin?

Well Star got what she wanted and people are talking about her. As for her wedding shows being top rated, ok I can see that, but what she doesn't seem to understand is how she talks about her wedding and her marriage is very off putting. And what was really annoying is she kept talking about it. I remember watching a show that was months after the wedding and Star was going on and on about her wedding planning during a non related topic. Later in the show, her wedding popped up again. It was like she couldn't relate to a topic that didn't directly relate to her.

Oh well, I don't care. I don't often get to watch the View and when I did I often just watched the Hot Topics part. If Rosie can act non condenscending and not hostile and if they add a woman with some news back ground, it may work out ok.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

FORT Fogey
    No one handled this situation professionally or with any integrity. It played like the movie Mean Girls. Getting canned from a network is akin to breaking up on a posted note. I loathe Barbara Walters, always have. She is crushed because of bad press, not hurt feelings.

I bet Rosie does well and gains audience support from those who question this decision. Just a hunch. She and Joy have been friends for 20 years and will bring genuine rapport. And it will be a first to have all hosts on this show that like each other! I am not sure how Joy and Elizabeth feel about Barbara and we will never know. She is big boss lady.

+ Reply to Thread