+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1427Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3268728;
    It sounded to me like Sherri was trying to follow BW's advice, and is going to be trying it again tonight. Sherri wouldn't have been so tired today if she had never allowed that foolishness to get started in the first place. Sherri has got to grow a backbone, where her son is concerned.
    I only caught part of that. Was the little boy wanting to sleep with his mother?

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3268851;
    I only caught part of that. Was the little boy wanting to sleep with his mother?
    Yes, he would crawl into bed with her and she would give in because she hates to hear him cry.

Babs had good advice, basically let him cry, don't give in. It works for alot of behaviors.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3268673;
    Barabara has been very open about some of the drug and legal problems her daughter faced as a teenager, but I don't think that in any way means that Barbara's views on parenting are invalid. There are many many teens out there who are raised by GREAT parents, and still get into trouble with drugs, alcohol, or rebelling in other ways that leads to legal troubles. And even if Barbara's mothering did contribute in her daughter's case (she has taken some of the blame herself) if a person makes mistakes and learns from them, seems to me it puts her in a good position to be able to share with others a message of "Don't make the mistakes I did". Lastly, if the blame is going to be placed on Barbara for her daughter's adolecent troubles, then I'd say that the praise should also be given to her for the woman her daughter is today -- someone who grew from her mistakes and found a way to help other teens get past theirs.
    Well said, Veruka. I personally would much rather hear advice from someone who has dealt with a problem child of their own rather than someone who's kids never got in trouble. At least I would feel like they know a little of where I'm coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by ParkerMadison;3265418;
    I totally agree!
    As a mom of 3 toddler boys, that envorinment would be a lot less stressful. There is nothing worse than trying to get your family situated on a plane and having other passenger hiss and suck their teeth at you. Its very upseting.
    I know!!!! I would have liked that too when my kids were toddlers.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3266689;
    I wonder how Elisabeth feels about Tim's not having served in the military, since she is so off into people serving in the military. Lord knows he could have been doing that while he was doing nothing on the benches of the professional football teams year after year after year.
    Better yet..why doesn't she go? She cried constantly while she was on Survivor. If she did that on Survivor, how in the world would she cope in a war zone?

FORT Fogey

I watched yesterday's show after reading the comment about military service, trying to figure out what provoked it. I couldn't figure it out. What did she say to bring about hte comment about her feelings on military service?

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3268423;
    I was in a restaurant once back in the 90's and we had just got up to leave when this little boy who had been running wild throughout our meal came up to me and kicked me in the back of the leg! I grabbed his arm and said something like, "why did you kick me?", when his mom came over and just screeched at me because I was "hurting her little boy." I asked her if she had seen him kick me and she said he didn't mean it. I said it sure felt like he meant it. It was starting to get heated when a woman I assume was the grandma stepped in and made her daughter sit down and tried to get the brat to apologize. He wouldn't. Just cried and pouted and they let him get away with it. If I remember right, the manager of the restaurant gave us a gift certificate for our next visit, even though I told him that it wasn't his fault.

That's why you take the kid in the bathroom to "discipline" them.

I don't even have to do that. I just give them that mama look and they know I mean business! LOL One look is all it takes!

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3268944;
    Yes, he would crawl into bed with her and she would give in because she hates to hear him cry.

Babs had good advice, basically let him cry, don't give in. It works for alot of behaviors.
    Wow.

Not even reading the posts past this one before I post.

Surely Sherri makes more than enough money to have long ago hired a consultant, and could help many viewers by sharing the good news (and the angst, after solutions implemented).

Is it just me?

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Errrr, i don't think she's bright enough to even go there.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3269341;
    Wow.

Not even reading the posts past this one before I post.

Surely Sherri makes more than enough money to have long ago hired a consultant, and could help many viewers by sharing the good news (and the angst, after solutions implemented).

Is it just me?
    I don't consultants were necessary. She knew she had to not give in, but that is the hard part. I went through this with my daughter. The saying no and making her stay in her bed was hard. I even tried making her sleep on the floor if she wanted to sleep in my room, if she wanted to sleep in a bed there was a perfectly good one in her room, and she was fine with that. It's all a matter of putting your foot down and keeping it down. In the middle of the night, I can see where it is hard to do that.

+ Reply to Thread