+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1624Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Well, I'm just going by the nasty mean-spirited things that he writes about celebrities on his web site. I've only gone there a few times when I hear that someone I care enough about to go look is on it. If he's lauded as a legitimate entertainment writer...

YMMV, but I really don't like him at all and have only heard his name mentioned with a paparazzi vibe, and there are forums that don't allow links to his web site because of that.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

he is a blogger, and not all of what he writes about is truth or fact, yes some of it is an opinoin. Maybe if you took a little more time on his site.. i myself visit it daily.. you would see that hes not all about the hate
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Regular

From the way he posts things on his website, Perez often looks like someone who is not very nice. He frequently bashes children. These are kids who are not in show business, but ones whose parent's are.

FORT Fogey

But from a standpoint of being a legitimate gues on The View, being viewed as nice is not a pre-requesite. Many people think that Bill O'Reilly is a downright nasty man, and yet he's been a guest many times.

FORT Regular

I didn't say he shouldn't ever be a guest, but was agreeing that he is not a nice person.

Heck, Joy is not nice and they let her work there, lol.

What does being nice have to do with anything? It's not that serious.
    I swear that im slowly weaning myself off this show and i don't know why. Im not even tuning in for the hot topics.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey

Amy Leee--I know what you mean.

I usually watch the hot topics portion--but today I watched the first segment then when the next segment came on I wandered away to do some...work?

That means the show--even the part I used to really like--is no longer holding my interest.

Btw--now that the elections are over Sherri seems to have gone back to being her not very smart self.

I really had hope for her during this elections when she was doing so much reading and research.

Ah well--maybe some day she'll take her mind out for another spin on the informed side.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3265493;
    ACK!!! I missed that, because I could only tolerate the show long enough to find the remote to surf away from it...

I've long thought that there should be separate, closed off rooms in restaurants for anyone with children, so the rest of us can enjoy our over-priced dinners.

Don't get me wrong...I like kids...especially the well-behaved ones. Years ago, parents with screaming bratty kids would take them outside...nowadays, they just ignore the bad behavior.
    I do not have kids but Im a cool aunt with my friends children.
    I have had more good experiences flying with kids than bad ones. Heck I once had one of the kids ask his mom if I was coming to stay with them when we landed. I talked with another girl who had a teen beat and she proceeded to tell me all about N'Sync and once a mom who just adopted a baby from China and was on her way home with her.

The one bad one was a kid who kept kicking my seat and screeching at the top of his lungs every 10 minutes and of course the parents did nothing! Those are the parents I just want to kick the back of their seat and then call them on the phone and screech in their ears. Your child is not cute. He will get beaten up on the playground once he enters school cause hes a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by tousselchick;3268135;
    The one bad one was a kid who kept kicking my seat and screeching at the top of his lungs every 10 minutes and of course the parents did nothing! Those are the parents I just want to kick the back of their seat and then call them on the phone and screech in their ears. Your child is not cute. He will get beaten up on the playground once he enters school cause hes a jerk.
    Yep, I've been on a plane with someone's untrained kid kicking the back of my seat. It took a couple of glances back at the parent, and then I finally had to say something to them (with a goshdammit hidden by a please).

About 2 weeks ago, a friend and I went out to lunch after the rush. There were only a few occupied tables, one of which was a family with a baby in a high chair. They actually allowed the baby to continually bang on the table with a spoon (it echoed through the entire room), even after they were finally done eating. I was just about to ask a waitperson to say something to them when they finally left.

Maybe The View should have a segment on the training of children, perhaps even one or more of the hosts could benefit, too?

MRD

That's when I would have turned around and told the kid to stop kicking my seat or he'd be sitting on the wing for the rest of the trip.

I have done it too. Not just in planes, but in stores, in theaters, etc. It's MY money I'm spending and I will not be inconvenienced by someone else's bad behavior. I dont' bother speaking to the parents either. I take it directly to the source, the child. Usually stops too and I have yet to have a parent get angry. Usually they are embarrassed and apologize.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread