+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1528Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I still can't believe that they had Perez as a guest....ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Although, the show has been going on a steady decline...so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they are featuring papparazzi.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3265186;
    Maybe someone will start up a meaningful, thought provoking talk show, where the guests are someone to aspire to be...oh, there is always hope.
    Someone has. Her name is Oprah Winfrey. I don't believe that Perez Hilton has ever appeard on her show. There have been other shows who've stuck to the meaningful thought provoking commitment even more than Oprah has, but they stuck to it so much that they were boring and failed. But that is not the design of The View, nor is it the design of many other talk shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3265143;
    Did anyone else see Babs reaction to Perez talking about Charles Barkley's DUI? I shouldn't laugh - but the look on her face when he said the words "oral sex" was priceless. Sheer horror.

Her reaction during that whole segment told me that if Elisabeth had been there, Babs probably wouldn't have. She looked like she wanted to be anywhere but there.

My condolences go out to EH and her family.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3265073;
    Elisabeth's grandfather died, and they are expecting her back tomorrow.

Perez has lost a decent amount of weight. Congratulations, and good for him.

Sherri told another Jeffrey story about them being on an plane, and his out of control behavior. Apparently, she thinks this behavior is cute. Her only real response was, "Tee-hee-hee..." I swear, sometimes I think they should sell tickets for planes that are for families with small children, ONLY.
    I totally agree!
    As a mom of 3 toddler boys, that envorinment would be a lot less stressful. There is nothing worse than trying to get your family situated on a plane and having other passenger hiss and suck their teeth at you. Its very upseting.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3265073;
    Sherri told another Jeffrey story about them being on an plane, and his out of control behavior. Apparently, she thinks this behavior is cute. Her only real response was, "Tee-hee-hee..." I swear, sometimes I think they should sell tickets for planes that are for families with small children, ONLY.
    ACK!!! I missed that, because I could only tolerate the show long enough to find the remote to surf away from it...

I've long thought that there should be separate, closed off rooms in restaurants for anyone with children, so the rest of us can enjoy our over-priced dinners.

Don't get me wrong...I like kids...especially the well-behaved ones. Years ago, parents with screaming bratty kids would take them outside...nowadays, they just ignore the bad behavior.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ParkerMadison;3265418;
    I totally agree!
    As a mom of 3 toddler boys, that envorinment would be a lot less stressful. There is nothing worse than trying to get your family situated on a plane and having other passenger hiss and suck their teeth at you. Its very upseting.
    I hear you! I don't have children, but it frustrates me when I see other passengers automatically assuming bad news because they see a child on a plane. (but maybe that's because the superstitious me has always convinced myself that if there are kids on my plane, it won't crash. not sure of why, but I convince myself its true) There are no doubt some very bad children on planes who are usually accompanied by self-centered bad parents who don't really care that others are being inconvenienced by their lack of desire to put an effort into parenting. But there are also very good parents who fly with their usually well-behaved occasionally not children. It frustrates me a great deal to see all children (and the parents travelling with them) written off as horrible because of a few bad apples.

The way that Sherri shares those stories about Jeffery, I have a hard time deciding if it's because she's really one of those bad parents who finds it endearing to see her child misbehave, or if she just sees that as a way to bring motherhood to the show. You know how there are some people who will just fill the silence with a useless story that doesn't represent the person well, they're just talking for the sake of talking? Part of me thinks (or hopes may be more like it) that Sherri is doing that, and thinks that stories about Jeffrey behaving well or doing what is expected of him would not be amusing ways to share her life on the show.

FORT Fogey

That kid on an airplane story was told with a laugh--yet would have been a horror to actually live through.

No wonder what's-his-name--Jeremy Pivkin--wouldn'talk to her!

Any parent who thinks their kid bouncing around in an airline seat and kicking--is "humorous"--deserves all the social stigma they get.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I wonder how Elisabeth feels about Tim's not having served in the military, since she is so off into people serving in the military. Lord knows he could have been doing that while he was doing nothing on the benches of the professional football teams year after year after year.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3265187;
    I still can't believe that they had Perez as a guest....ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Although, the show has been going on a steady decline...so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they are featuring papparazzi.
    First of all Perez is not a Pap.. he is a Blogger, Author, TV Host, and someone on the cutting edge of fashion (even if in his own mind). Perez is a Media Force, he has broken MANY musical acts who would still be floundering in no where land, and he is a champion for Gay rights.

I guess my question is why wouldnt they have him on?? And if i recall, he has been on before.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3266846;
    First of all Perez is not a Pap.. he is a Blogger, Author, TV Host, and someone on the cutting edge of fashion (even if in his own mind). Perez is a Media Force, he has broken MANY musical acts who would still be floundering in no where land, and he is a champion for Gay rights.

I guess my question is why wouldnt they have him on?? And if i recall, he has been on before.
    Not to mention that many other entertainment focused talk shows have him as a guest as well. When it comes to celebrity gossip these days, he's one of the leading contributors to a discussion. If E! were to revive their old "Gossip Show" (which I LOVED but that's a different topic) he'd likely be one of the key contributors. I don't like his style, and think there are some other gossip sources that are more reliable. But he has certainly found a way to propel himself into the celebrity gossip sphere in a legitimate way.

+ Reply to Thread