+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1630Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3254453;
    Yes, he is, Duxx. He's a very decent guy who is well respected.

You know those stock and news ticker tape neon machines? Those are his. Bloomberg News channels? Those are his. The guy is a multi-millionaire, but remarkably approachable.
    Actually, I think Bloomberg is a billionaire. Are you a New Yorker, Broadway? What do you think of his run for a 3rd term?
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3254505;
    Actually, I think Bloomberg is a billionaire. Are you a New Yorker, Broadway? What do you think of his run for a 3rd term?
    Yeah.. I am very sure I've lessened his bank account in my original post, you are correct. (Perhaps he invested with Madoff?? heh)

I was a New Yorker for a few years but am not any longer, unfortunately. But I would wholeheartedly support him for a 3rd term!

Okay... how's this for a world of delusion?? There are reports out over the last several days that Barbara Walters is blaming Rosie for ruining HER (Baba's) career!!!!! Barbara says apparently her own numbers have been dropping since the Rosie debacle.. so she thinks that it's all Rosie's fault.

It has nothing to do with the fact that she's irrelevant, she interrupts constantly, she tells the same stories ad nauseum, she's a story killer, etc... Nooooooooo... *sigh*

OMG. I kinda feel sorry for what BaBa has become...but not really, she is rich.
    And you forgot to mention that she is the Queen of Name Dropping and Entitlement.

I had a nightmare that one of the cohosts was replaced by Kelly Ripa. And another, by Kathy Lee Gifford. I used to like/respect Hoda Kotb, until she became Kathy Lee's BFF, giggling constantly on camera. UGH!!!!!

Luckily, I woke up, but...it could happen.

This show was a great concept, way back when.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3256753;
    Okay... how's this for a world of delusion?? There are reports out over the last several days that Barbara Walters is blaming Rosie for ruining HER (Baba's) career!!!!! Barbara says apparently her own numbers have been dropping since the Rosie debacle.. so she thinks that it's all Rosie's fault.
    She's blaming Rosie for unpopularity, Babs needs a reality check, she isn't that popular with anyone's help. BW did have a great career 15 to 20years ago, no longer so.

FYI. Whoopie was interviewed by Howard Kurtz (he wrote the article questioning whether the show treated President elect Obama better than Senator McCain) on CNN's 'Reliable Sources' this past Sunday. Good interview; they discussed pretty much all aspects of the show, her views. Wasn't bad. It probably is on CNN podcast or YouTube.

Also, I was listening to Sirius and came across Barbara interviewing opera singer Renee Fleming. Fleming has a perfume; with some of the proceeds going to raise funds for the Met. Anyway, it runs about $200, which Fleming said she knew was expensive; Barbara immediately said, no it really wasn't.

Admittedly, it’s only sold for a limited time in high end stores/areas (Paris, London, New York). However, when a world renowned Opera Diva thinks her own perfume is kinda' expensive and Babs doesn't think so...she lives in her own privileged world.

I don't think there is anything wrong with spending any amount of money if its yours and within your means, hey I splurged on Le Mer ($130) but I'd never tell anyone, especially my radio listernship that it wasn't a tidy sum.
    Last edited by naomibanks; 12-23-2008 at 02:28 PM.
    "Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, power and grace in it."-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Meanwhile, people all around the globe are starving and dying, even here in the U.S. (not that U.S. people are any more important than anyone else).

Good to know that the rich and famous are walking around smelling good! (if that scent smells good, of course)

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by naomibanks;3256827;
    FYI. Whoopie was interviewed by Howard Kurtz (he wrote the article questioning whether the show treated President elect Obama better than Senator McCain) on CNN's 'Reliable Sources' this past Sunday. Good interview; they discussed pretty much all aspects of the show, her views. Wasn't bad. It probably is on CNN podcast or YouTube.

Also, I was listening to Sirius and came across Barbara interviewing opera singer Renee Fleming. Fleming has a perfume; with some of the proceeds going to raise funds for the Met. Anyway, it runs about $200, which Fleming said she knew was expensive; Barbara immediately said, no it really wasn't.

Admittedly, it’s only sold for a limited time in high end stores/areas (Paris, London, New York). However, when a world renowned Opera Diva thinks her own perfume is kinda' expensive and Babs doesn't think so...she lives in her own privileged world.

I don't think there is anything wrong with spending any amount of money if its yours and within your means, hey I splurged on Le Mer ($130) but I'd never tell anyone, especially my radio listernship that it wasn't a tidy sum.
    Wow after reading that I feel im in my own world like Babs.. and i dont have nearly as much cash on hand as she does lol
    I dont think $200 is that bad either.. when part of it is going to a good cause. But then again, I have been a fan of 'Joy' since i was 15.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Even for charity I think $200 is a little much for many of the general public to rationalize spending on something like perfume. But then again my house payment is like $350 so I look at that and think that's almost a house payment that I'm going to waste on perfume. I prefer to donate directly to charity and not in roundabout ways like purchasing items since very small amounts of the money actually make it to the charity. That red/ONE(?) campaign was relaly good for that pennies on the dollar were going to charity.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

me too, causingchaos!
    i don't succomb to the pressure at work every year to donate to the united way for that very reason! i have a couple of organizations that i donate to directly ... and they get every penny.

+ Reply to Thread