+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 1126 FirstFirst ... 94950515253545556575859606162636465666768691091595591059 ... LastLast
Like Tree1561Likes

Thread: The View

Just tossing out a name. I personally don't like either one of them but that's just my opinion. I used to like Rosie O but she kind of gets annoying after a while.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by bugsme3 View Post
    There is negative feedback for both parties, I do feel bad for her. Barbara though surprise me, but as Star say it is business, I just thought that she should have been the one to tell her instead of through an agent-manager-husband, after sitting at that table for nine years.

To me it says something, and the other producer Bill when he lied to her in November should have told her the truth and even given her the information that Barbara was trying to save her job.

Looking on it now Star didn't know all that until now, so of course she is going to have hurt feelings, but I'm sure god have a plan for her. For me I won't watch that show any more, they are all negative over there and they trash people and then when the people come they kiss ass. I dislike false people. Hopefully star will learn from this.

Funny watching the today show today interview, Al said what I thought since this all break, they keep Star there when Meredith tell them that she was going so they were still using her. I also think that there is more that she cannot say about the situation, Al called her about something in the papers that she was unaware of also, something is been left out of this farce. She said when she found out she wanted to leave right away but they asked her to stay, me myself would have said no I am going, and that would be the end of it. If I am not wanted why stay at the place to benefit their agenda. Then Meredith got a good tribute but she got lies and leeks who needs that, good for her do things her way and move on.
    I agree.
    Freedom, Justice & Equality For All

FORT Fan
    I don't know which side I take in the overall picture but I do see one of Stars' complaints as trivial. The issue of when she found out that Rosie would be joining the show. If both sides knew that Star wouldn't be back when Rosie came on the show then their wouldn't seem to be a need to inform Star about the Rosie decision. She was going to be a former employee by then anyway. Of course it would have been nicer and maybe more professional to tell her ahead of time but it seems to me this is just one more complaint that Star is adding to her list of complaints.

The one thing that stuck out to me in the LKL interview is how she continues to refuse to use the word surgery herself. It seem ok to her if other people use it but she can't bring herself to say it.

As far as Rosie goes, I have the same problem with her that I have with most entertainers. I like her when she's trying to be funny and I don't like her when she's being serious. Thanks

The way I understood Star, she felt betrayed by Barbara who hired Rosie right after Rosie trashed Star and called her a liar. Star had the mistaken opinion that she, Barbara and the others, were friends. Now she knows better, but what a way to find out.

I really have no great interest in any of these people, or the show, but I just feel that it's ridiculous for Barbara to keep saying that she "tried" to save Star's job. She needs to let that lie die a natural death. And then, to let the news leak before it was delivered to Star is just too unprofessional for words. Nothing that Star, or anyone else says could beat that one for unprofessional conduct.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roseskid View Post
    I saw her on LKL last night, and another problem I have with this situation - she says she's known her contract was not being renewed since April, and that all had agreed she'd make her statement on Thursday. She couldn't wait two more days? I think she dropped this nugget on Tuesday simply to be in control and show 'them'. Very unprofessional.
    personally, i think her timing had EVERYTHING to do with the people magazine article that was about to come out. she knew once it hit the stands this week, everyone would know what HER side of the story was. so yeah, she decided she had to do it tuesday.

like someone has said already, she's a lawyer and she chooses her words very carefully. i watched the interview last night and i also saw her this morning with al roker. she's playing a very good game ... making it SOUND like she's taking the high road and being the mature one, but i'm reading between the lines and still see her taking on the victim role and milking the attention for all it's worth.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke View Post
    personally, i think her timing had EVERYTHING to do with the people magazine article that was about to come out. she knew once it hit the stands this week, everyone would know what HER side of the story was. so yeah, she decided she had to do it tuesday.

like someone has said already, she's a lawyer and she chooses her words very carefully. i watched the interview last night and i also saw her this morning with al roker. she's playing a very good game ... making it SOUND like she's taking the high road and being the mature one, but i'm reading between the lines and still see her taking on the victim role and milking the attention for all it's worth.
    I totally agree with you barefootdyke.

Nothing about this whole thing is "sudden, out of the blue" timing.. Star knows exactly what she's doing. I watched last night too, and I'm not shocked that LK had her on so quick, they're friends. It's all been planned imo.
    AND I'm getting tired of it.

Fine. Leave. Buh bye.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I just saw Larry King say that he doubts that Barbara and Star will ever be friends again. Barbara is just too "crushed". Boy, I would have thought that that old broad had the skin of a rhinoceros. Who would have thought that she was that easily crushed?

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    The way I understood Star, she felt betrayed by Barbara who hired Rosie right after Rosie trashed Star and called her a liar. Star had the mistaken opinion that she, Barbara and the others, were friends. Now she knows better, but what a way to find out.
    I watched an interview last night with Debbie Matenopolous, the first woman let go from The View. Debbie had been talking on her current gig, Good Morning LA, and talked about the fact that, while she was on the show she and Star were the best of friends. They talked quite often and even did things together outside of work. When Debbie was let go apparently Star all of a sudden was nowhere to be found.

So... what goes around, comes around.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Well, Debbie had a stronger stomach than I do. I wouldn't care to socialize with any of them.

Rmember when Elisbeth had the baby, and requested that no one visit for a while and Star went right over, that same day?

Rosie O will either make or break the show, and I'm positive she will break it.
    Rosie is an old has been, loud mouthed, overbearing, annoying, always has to be right..I could go on and on, and the moms of Middle America certainly won't be able to relate to Rosie's 'lifestyle'...I predict a total disaster come September.

+ Reply to Thread