+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree976Likes

Thread: The View

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Just catching up on the 4 year old and pacifier issue... I was "lucky" in that my kids both had a "favorite" that wore out at 3 months and they would not accept a "different" one....one horrible day of crying and spitting out the substitutes and it was over. BUT they both did drink out of bottles around the house (and water at night) out of bottles until they were 5. That was partly me not wanting to worry about stuff getting spilled on the rugs...I could hardly insist they could only drink at the table when I was sipping my iced tea in the living room. And frankly it didn't bother me at all...talked to the dentist and he said if they weren't drinking milk at night (and rotting their teeth) it wasn't going to be a dental problem. When they were approaching 5 we had a nice rational discussion about trading giving up an afternoon nap for giving up the bottle. Figured we should get that over with before kindergarten (they had already figured out not to drink out of one when friends were over). They were both still taking an hour or so nap then...one just played quietly in bed but the other really slept...and he was the one who felt it was most demeaning to have to nap! So the day after the 5 year old birthday party was the big day....some slight increase in crabbiness, especially for the kid who really had been napping, but no big deal.
    I have to say though that if it had been a pacifier I'd have just let nature (and other kids' comments) take its course. Way easier to remove a pacifier than amputate a thumb... And these days pacifiers are designed not to cause dental problems, unlike thumbs.
    Sherry should pick her battles, and the ability to "self soothe" in psychologists' lingo is not a good one. Who does it hurt? Only the blood pressure of people who don't like the look of a child with a "plug" in their mouth. Kicking a stranger's seat, now that's a battle to pick!
    Re ME, why on earth would she NOT be upset about Prop 8? It just happened, and it affects her very personally! Unless you think guests who sing should do nothing but sing?

Quote Originally Posted by NannaV;3252621;
    Melissa was incredibly rude today. They were trying to get her to talk about the CD she was there to promote and all she wanted to do was complain about the CA voters passing the Proposition to ban gay marriage. Last time I checked, none of the hosts live in CA and therefore had nothing to do with it.
    "All she wanted to do was complain...."??? Did we watch the same segment?

Very few guests stick to a set script when they come on this, or any, show. On this show 95 percent of the time it is because the hosts take them off tangent. I thought the conversation actually went very well, and the hosts continued to ask her questions and appeared incredibly interested in her personal viewpoint, as entertainment show hosts typically are. Too bad you weren't.

And too bad that you apparently believe that the ramifications of Proposition 8 only affect California residents. They don't.

But perhaps it's because the conversation actually exposed a bit of Elisabeth's hypocrisy. She didn't appear to remember the talking points that she had held so steadfastly to previously. But even so, the discourse was remarkably well done. We have Melissa Etheridge to thank for that.. she's amazing.

If you want an example of someone "complaining", it was when Elisabeth was complaining about not getting an invitation to a White House Christmas Party. "Haven't I done enough for the Republican party?" I'd be embarrassed to whine about something like that on national tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3252800;
    If you want an example of someone "complaining", it was when Elisabeth was complaining about not getting an invitation to a White House Christmas Party. "Haven't I done enough for the Republican party?" I'd be embarrassed to whine about something like that on national tv.
    EH doesn't have enough self awareness to be embarrassed.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3253053;
    EH doesn't have enough self awareness to be embarrassed.
    She is a self serving conceited little brat who "has hers" and cares not a flip for anyone else

Anderson Cooper is making fun of her tonight for her whining about the lack of invite.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3253194;
    Anderson Cooper is making fun of her tonight for her whining about the lack of invite.
    One of the many reasons why I adore him.
    CYA

FORT Regular

Anderson makes fun of everyone, kind of lessens his credibility as a journalist IMO.

To me, Elisabeth was just joking around, at least that's what I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by NannaV;3253315;
    To me, Elisabeth was just joking around, at least that's what I saw.
    There is truth in jest. And since whining is EH's standard modus operandi, it stands to reason she is whining yet again.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

All of his panel shared in the laughs and the incredulity that she actually had the audacity to think that her name would get her an invite to the White House Christmas party. It's easy to question the credibility of someone that doesn't agree with you, I guess.

Joking around? She did a major backpeddle on her previous statements about gay marriage. Major. And when ME cornered her on her belief that the majority should rule the minority... the joke was ON her, not BY her.

+ Reply to Thread