+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1370Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Regular

Re: The View

Melissa was incredibly rude today. They were trying to get her to talk about the CD she was there to promote and all she wanted to do was complain about the CA voters passing the Proposition to ban gay marriage. Last time I checked, none of the hosts live in CA and therefore had nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by NannaV;3252621;
    Melissa was incredibly rude today. They were trying to get her to talk about the CD she was there to promote and all she wanted to do was complain about the CA voters passing the Proposition to ban gay marriage. Last time I checked, none of the hosts live in CA and therefore had nothing to do with it.
    I don't think she was being rude, I think she was discussing an issue that is very important to her. Civil rights affect all of us to certain extents, whether we live in CA or not.

She did an awesome version of "Blue Christmas". It made me want to buy her CD and I'm not someone who's big on Christmas music.

FORT Regular

I certainly do not plan on buying her CD.

As non-CA resident but still seeking out my civil rights I will buy her CD even if I don't like her music because I support people not afraid to talk about real issues. That being said the hosts of the view talk about a lot of topics political and not that are not unique to their geographical locations.

I guess she should just "Shut Up and Sing" huh?
    Phyllis Newman.....Proof you can't turn a ho into a housewife.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3252501;
    God bless Sherri, but I think she is going to have trouble with that parent/friend line. She's already trying to make sure that he's not mad at her. And I'd bet money that he knows that, already! What kid says, "Who's the boss?" Well, I guess ol' Jeffrey does, but he would have had his little baby feelings hurt at my house! You've also got to learn to pick your battles, and not waiver. Don't start something YOU are not prepared to finish and win with little people. It sure doesn't get any easier.

I'm always trying to stress this to my step-daughter. Her (almost) three year old tells her "no" and I tell her to get a handle on it now because she may not be able to later. I watch him three days a week and he knows better than to tell me "no" or to go too far against what I say. Consequences are swift and certain and feelings get hurt, when necessary. I don't try to be his "friend", but he likes me fine anyway. And he's a sweetheart. At least when I have him.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

They may not have had anything to do with it, but that didn't stop them from discussing it. I didn't find ME rude, certainly no ruder than the hosts themselves often are.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Loved ME's performance of Blue Christmas today! She did a fine job!! She did a fine job in performing and in articulating her feelings on Prop 8.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Regular

I thought ME was a class act. EH needs to learn to defend her own insinuations.

yep sofacushion EH just kept skirting the issue. Agreed, ME wasn't booked to discuss Prop8 but as Lil Bit said, it is an issue that is very important to her. I'm not American and same sex marriage is legal and for the most part accepted in Canada.
    I totally agreed with ME that minorities should not be voted on by the majority and IMO marriage - a legally binding contract is a civil rights issue not a religious one.
    I loved ME's rendition of Blue Christmas too she's got so much soul.

whole interview and performance on YouTube
    Last edited by dagwood; 12-16-2008 at 07:32 PM.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread