+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1808Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

If he's that old and still doing the Binky thing, he must be a Republican!! OK.....just kidding!! Don't hit me!! I bruise easily!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I agree that if he is 3-1/2 that is old for still being on the binky but I was wondering if because he was a preemie that might have something to do with it. Also, wasn't he still living in LA last year and only seeing his mom on the weekends? I think he only moved to NYC this year. I could be wrong but I thought that was the situation. I could see SS getting him used to his new surroundings before attempting to wean him off the binky. And she stated that he was the one who weaned himself off it during the daytime, and is just using it at night.

I remember when EH was going through the process with Gracie and now we hear that Gracie is sucking her thumb at night. Both the extended use of the binky and the thumb sucking could cause some serious dental problems down the road, such as the need for orthodontics.

One of my friends had a son 3 months before my son was born. That kid was still using a binky when he was 3 and 4. The parents actually pinned it to whatever outfit that kid was wearing....even onto his winter coat if that was what he had on. They never left home without it! I lost touch with her around that time, but I guess he didn't go off to kindergarten with it pinned to his clothes.

But, yeah, if a 3-1/2 year old is telling his mama that he is the boss......look out! She best nip that in the bud pronto.

You're right about Jeffrey on both counts, MamaC.
    I think Sherri has made a rod for her own back with that child because she feels guilty that he had a tough start and that she left him to move to New York.
    Whenever she tells a story about Jeffrey it always seems to be about some tantrum or other. Booting the back of someone's chair constantly on a long flight, throwing fits at family holidays etc.
    She appears to be unable to control him and admits to tuning him out or giving in to him.
    If she's just going to let him have his own way she should avoid the fight over the dummy altogether. Why even bother if he's just going to dig his heels in until she caves?
    I think that puts her further behind in the road to get him to give up the dummy than if she'd never tackled it at all.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I don't think it's a matter of her being "unable to control him"; it is more a matter of her being unwilling to control him. She's just making their life more difficult, unnecessarily; if she decides to continue on down this chosen path, neither of them are going to be very happy. Some people just don't get that this is a game that parents really cannot afford to lose.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3252397;
    I don't think it's a matter of her being "unable to control him"; it is more a matter of her being unwilling to control him. She's just making their life more difficult, unnecessarily; if she decides to continue on down this chosen path, neither of them are going to be very happy. Some people just don't get that this is a game that parents really cannot afford to lose.
    Exactly!

On a different note, I LOVED the comparison of the governor of Illinois (still can't try to spell his name!) hair to Sherri's hairstyle yesterday. Hilarious! but I have noticed that right after Sarah Palin hit the scene, they did the same sort of comparison. I think the woman who styles Sherri's wigs and picks them out is having some fun with the news.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3252049;
    Honestly if I were Sherri I would consider breast reduction surgery. She has a huge chest but the rest of her is average... it makes her look like a characature.
    I completely agree. It ruins her figure in my opinion because it makes her look too top heavy, lopsided, even. Not to mention health reasons...they can put a real strain on the back. I have cousins (three sisters) who have really large breasts and complain they're really hard on the back. If that was me, I'd have been at the doctor's office eons ago telling him I had something I had to get off my chest...lol.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 12-16-2008 at 09:40 AM.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3252255;
    He will be 4 in April. I do believe he is waaay too old for the Binky.
    I think Jefferey has some developmental delays so that may be why he's still using the binky.

I know some 5yos that still drink out of bottles at bedtime (5 throughout the night to be exact).

Sheeri had better reel in her son now. The real problem is with her, her not saying "no" to her son.

because of the break-up of my marriage and the disruption of moving to another home, I let my son keep his binky til he was almost 3 (he always had to have 2 - one for the mouth and one for the hand). The toilet training was also late, around the same time. Does Sheri talk about toilet training Jeffrey?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

God bless Sherri, but I think she is going to have trouble with that parent/friend line. She's already trying to make sure that he's not mad at her. And I'd bet money that he knows that, already! What kid says, "Who's the boss?" Well, I guess ol' Jeffrey does, but he would have had his little baby feelings hurt at my house! You've also got to learn to pick your battles, and not waiver. Don't start something YOU are not prepared to finish and win with little people. It sure doesn't get any easier.

+ Reply to Thread