+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree977Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz;3250965;
    I think so too. I think I would be cranky if I had to deal with Elizabeth everyday. Then again the paycheck might brighten my mood.
    Joy has ALWAYS been unpleasant. She's just an angry, unhappy, hateful person.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3250862;
    I learned, a while ago, that people can look really different in person than they do on television. We have a local anchor who was just so-so, or less, on television. I saw her, in person, in the studio and she is actually stunning! It has to be the lighting, since she looks all shadow-y and baggy on television. At that point, I had a hard time not staring at her with my mouth hanging open! And she was trying to welcome me to the studio!! All I can say is, "Never assume!" And her male co-anchor, who looks pretty handsome on television was really amazing!!
    There's an anchor where I live that is extremely homely on TV (not to mention OBNOXIOUS) and I saw her at Target once and I have to say that TV makes her look beautiful compared to her in person. She is probably the most unattractive person I've ever seen in my entire life. My dad is a school admin and has had run ins with her and she is an unpleasant, nasty person too (of course my dad hates reporters in general ). She should be in radio and not TV BLECH!
    Last edited by stacerace; 12-14-2008 at 04:16 PM.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

I didn't particularly enjoy Lisa Ling while she was a co-host on The View.
    She has done some stellar work since leaving though.

I see they have yet another Elisabeth-centric piece lined up where she'll yet again dress the co-hosts for under $100 **yawn**
    I'm not sure why they think this piece is such a winner.
    They often don't get a full outfit for under $100. It's often "$98, but she's wearing her own pants/shoes etc."
    An outfit for under $100 isn't much of a challenge and any limited amusement out of taking pictures of the co-hosts heads to the stores on sticks was worn out years ago, imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz;3250975;
    At least you did not say, "You look much better in person! " I have a friend who literally says the first thought that enters her head. I could seriously hear her saying something like that.
    A friend of mine used to work for Robert Redford. When she introduced one of her friends to him, the guy (who has the same problem as your friend) blurted out, "You're much shorter in person!" (Which he is, but who says that? )
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey

I took this off my tivo after Rosie left. I just got tired of EH, Babs and the chemistry in general.

I didn't like Lisa Ling either. She is humorless and the chemistry was off. I don't mean that she had to be a comic, no need, Joy was there. She was somber. This show needs upbeat energy. I see her segments on Oprah sometimes and she is still bored me. Very serious woman.

Meridith, Starr and Joy worked well together. They needed a solid 4th back then because the guest hosts took up to much hot topics time. Everyone was polite and had to ask what the guest was up to blah blah blah. I rarely cared.

I drop by here every once in awhile to see what is going on. Missing Meryl Streep has me tivoing again.

I cannot stand Sherri. We'll see how long I last.

Barbara, oh please if you are one of her people reading this, get her off. She

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3251162;
    I didn't particularly enjoy Lisa Ling while she was a co-host on The View.
    She has done some stellar work since leaving though.

I see they have yet another Elisabeth-centric piece lined up where she'll yet again dress the co-hosts for under $100 **yawn**
    I'm not sure why they think this piece is such a winner.
    They often don't get a full outfit for under $100. It's often "$98, but she's wearing her own pants/shoes etc."
    An outfit for under $100 isn't much of a challenge and any limited amusement out of taking pictures of the co-hosts heads to the stores on sticks was worn out years ago, imo.
    No challenge for me at all. I pretty much accomplish the under $100 look seven days a week. (well except for my shoes)

FORT Regular

I love Elisabeth's fashion segments. It is fun to see what she picks out for the others to wear. As great as the sales are right now, I am sure she will get some fabulous clothes for them.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by naomibanks;3250780;
    she's Glenn Beck (who by the way is no longer on CNN!)
    Where did Glen Beck go?
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3251753;
    Where did Glen Beck go?
    He moved over to Fox News where he'll be doing a 5PM show.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3251756;
    He moved over to Fox News where he'll be doing a 5PM show.
    Really? Wow...interesting. I had no idea. Fox seems like a good fit for him.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

[QUOTE=steppemaster;3250817;]Prhoshay--hi. I don't like that hairdo of hers either--and I am a huge fan of her work.

She was on Letterman last night and her hair didn't look any better. I guess when you're considered naturally gorgeous you can wear your hair that way.

Meryl mentioned on the Letterman show that she was very ill, which was quite obvious with her Kleenex, coughing and sniffling. She had to be out on her promotional tour and probably didn't care much about her hair styling while ill.

+ Reply to Thread