+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1634Likes

Thread: The View

  1. #5821
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: The View

    I learned, a while ago, that people can look really different in person than they do on television. We have a local anchor who was just so-so, or less, on television. I saw her, in person, in the studio and she is actually stunning! It has to be the lighting, since she looks all shadow-y and baggy on television. At that point, I had a hard time not staring at her with my mouth hanging open! And she was trying to welcome me to the studio!! All I can say is, "Never assume!" And her male co-anchor, who looks pretty handsome on television was really amazing!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  2. #5822
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    72

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3250858;
    Joy is beautiful, stunningly so. I have seen her in person. TV can distort our perception because we see incredible beauty, always. If Joy walked into your living room you would be amazed. She is not as heavy as she appears for starters and her face would dazzle you. Her hair is thick and lush, every womans dream and beautifully styled and cut.
    Joy stunning??? I have certainly never seen her in that way. A red dyed mullet is not my idea of attractive.

  3. #5823
    Over and Out! Bunny555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,368

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by NannaV;3250886;
    Joy stunning??? I have certainly never seen her in that way. A red dyed mullet is not my idea of attractive.
    I think she looks great and not just for her age. She's an attractive woman with nary a black root to be found.
    CYA

  4. #5824
    FORT Fogey my3boyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,289

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3248588;
    And one could argue that all Elizabeth does is spew out things Sean Hannity has already said.
    EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You beat me to it!

  5. #5825
    FORT Fogey my3boyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,289

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3248749;
    Barbara's delivery, or even her being out of touch doesn't bother me all that much. After all, she's supposed to be bringing the older point of view to the table, and that works. What bothers me about watching her, I think, is that she doesn't come across as doing TV still because she loves it. She comes across to me as someone who is still doing TV because she thinks that without it, she's nothing. Her explanation of her book title pretty much confirms that as I see it. So it just seems sad to me that a woman who has accomplished so much in her life is feeling the need to come into work many days and do what she's doing not because she loves it, but because she needs it to feel good about herself. I don't hate watching her, I just feel sorry for her.
    Oh gosh...I think you nailed it right there. I did not put my finger on it before but I think that is exactly right.

  6. #5826
    FORT Fogey my3boyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,289

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3248897;
    I think Joy's mood would improve if they got rid of idiot Elisabeth. Joy is just sick of arguing with someone who only understands Hannity talking points.
    I think so too. I think I would be cranky if I had to deal with Elizabeth everyday. Then again the paycheck might brighten my mood.

  7. #5827
    FORT Fogey my3boyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,289

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3249018;
    I thik Joy would leave The View if she got offered the Larry King gig full time.
    Absolutely! She would be gone so fast Barbara's head would spin. lol

  8. #5828
    FORT Fogey my3boyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,289

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3249170;
    I disagree - I dont think she's an idiot, I think she's tired of having to deal with the stuff that comes out of EH's mouth (as someone said above). I think in a different setting, like subbing for Larry King, she's able to bring out the intelligent side of herself.

    Go back to the beginning when the show was Meredith, Starr, Joy and Lisa (and no Babs). It was a group of intelligent ladies who were able to speak about any subject without having to yell over each other.
    I wonder sometimes if they're encouraged to get into it....afterall, the best ratings are when there's controversy..........

    Exactly. I miss the original group (well original except for the original young person, Debbie?). Star started to get on my nerves after she met Al. I wanted to see her knocked down a peg or two. However, now I wish she was back. I don't have any warm feelings for any of the panel now. Which is why I no longer record the show........I tuned in during the election to see the verbal fights! LOL I was hoping to see Joy totally go off on Elizabeth.........

  9. #5829
    FORT Fogey my3boyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,289

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3250862;
    I learned, a while ago, that people can look really different in person than they do on television. We have a local anchor who was just so-so, or less, on television. I saw her, in person, in the studio and she is actually stunning! It has to be the lighting, since she looks all shadow-y and baggy on television. At that point, I had a hard time not staring at her with my mouth hanging open! And she was trying to welcome me to the studio!! All I can say is, "Never assume!" And her male co-anchor, who looks pretty handsome on television was really amazing!!
    At least you did not say, "You look much better in person! " I have a friend who literally says the first thought that enters her head. I could seriously hear her saying something like that.

  10. #5830
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: The View

    Let's just say thank goodness I was actually speechless! I know that that woman has probably seen that look on people's faces many times, and probably recognizes the look.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.