+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1532Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

Yes, Sherri, sitting among intelligent and informed people can make a difference! I'm glad she finally got on the bandwagon. She's doing right by herself, and her son!

Elisabeth's selective intelligence isn't about her being an Obama supporter or not. It's about Elisabeth being Elisabeth. We saw her mindset/chosen capabilities long before we ever started dealing with President-Elect Obama. The woman has chosen to remain unexposed to the world around her, and opens her mouth and lets it be known.....much like Sherri...but Sherri has shown that she's learning about the world around her, by leaps and bounds, much more than Elisabeth. I think Sherri was behind Elisabeth, intellectually, when she started The View; I think Sherri has surpassed Elisabeth in learning about the world around her. Choose Intelligence! It is a wonderful thing, and I think some people on this show are learning that!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think that Elisabeth shows intelligence. I like her and don't think the show would be as good without her. I also like Sherri but don't see her as being anyone's superior in intelligence. She just seems like someone that I'd have a ball with sitting around drinking coffee or a coke and discussing kids, movies or whatever and laughing a lot.

FORT Fogey

"Elisabeth is far more intelligent than Behar can ever dream of being. "

I have a science degree and worked as a medical technologist--and believe me--Elizabeth has not gotten one scientific fact right--ever. She knows nothing. The problem is--she doesn't know that she knows nothing so she says really wrong things about science--especially medicine--that might harm people who don;'t know any better than she does.

She is really dangerous.

FORT Fogey

I didn't like Sherri at first either. But when the campaign began and she got interested in politics because of Obama, she really began to read and study and improve ehrself. Much of what she said towards the end of the campaign showed just how much she has learned--and that she knows there's a lot more for her to learn.

I admire her a lot for that.

I quit watching this show a long time ago. I have caught bits and pieces here and there, but mostly I try to not watch it. What has always concerned me is that they discuss "news" (sometimes it leans more toward gossip than news) and this is occasionally the only source for news some people get. And they're getting the news according to who ever happens to speak the loudest above anyone else. Elizabeth always seemed to me to not be someone who wanted to expand her world but rather wanted to make her world as small as possible because it feels safer. Which is fine if that is how she wants to live. But I can't identify with that.

But over all the show has sunk to being more like a gossip bit than actual intelligent conversation and that is not just Elizabeth or Sherri. It's the whole lot of them. I miss seeing people way back when like that Lisa or Meredith. They gave the show some credibility as they weren't movie or TV stars and actual had some interest in journalism and current events.

I miss Meredith on this show, too. She could easily come back and replace whiney EH, and I'd be happy.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3250051;
    I miss Meredith on this show, too. She could easily come back and replace whiney EH, and I'd be happy.
    I miss Meredith a lot too. I seldom missed watching when she was on. I wouldn't want her to take Elisabeth's place but maybe she could take Barbara's. I like Whoopi but would rather have Merdith in that chair. Or maybe she could replace overbearing Joy.

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3249857;
    so she says really wrong things about science--especially medicine--that might harm people who don;'t know any better than she does.

She is really dangerous.
    OK, I have heard EH say some ridiculous things, but dangerous? I'd love to hear some examples!

I doubt very much if Meredith would leave the Today Show to go back on The View.

No, I don't expect Meredith to leave The Today show to go back to The View at all. The thought is nice, though. That's what I meant.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread