+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 1096 FirstFirst ... 84849505152535455565758596061626364656667681081585581058 ... LastLast
Like Tree1359Likes

Thread: The View

If the ABC Producers etc were so concerned about negative ratings, why didnt they tell Star that her talking about her Wedding, and weight loss was putting folks of and giving them bad ratings, before it blew up, dont they get like a ratings graph or something.

It sucks when you think people like you and support you, and all along they wanted you gone.

Does ABC own People Magazine, because I didnt hear her say anything negative on the View, she said she was fired in People mag, not ABC's platform.
    Freedom, Justice & Equality For All

There's a difference between the shows where Star talked about her wedding... meaning she had David Tutera and other guests on that showed different items that she was having at her wedding... and Star talking ad nauseum during Hot Topics about all of the freebies that she was demanding. I am absolutely positive that the shows that got high ratings were the ones where she had guests, and rightfully so. Everyone (in this show's target audience, including me!) loves watching weddings and wedding planning. It's fun and wonderfully voyeuristic.

Unfortunately, however, her talking about her wedding was not limited to those planned occasions and it was the other conversations that tanked her in public opinion. Shoot, you just need to go back in this thread and see how negatively people looked at Star and her incessant "me, me, me" rantings. Sure, it's nice to fight for the perceived underdog at times like this, but how quickly people are forgetting how she has brought it upon herself for the last two years.

It's amusing to think that Star's current "woe is me" act is being believed. Star is no dummy and she is milking this for all it's worth. As people have mentioned previously, she is a lawyer and she is choosing her words carefully. Don't believe for one minute that Star didn't know that the ratings were sagging or that people had a negative opinion of her weight loss controversy. Star has proven time and time again that she reads her press... she knows what people think of her.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey
    The show wont make it past next season. There will be an initial bump in the ratings because of the Rosie curiosity factor but I imagine that it will sink soon after. Meredith is looking awfully good right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Star is no dummy and she is milking this for all it's worth.
    Exactly! I saw her last night on LKL and all the talk about being honest with her viewers is crap. She saw this as a way to stick it to ABC.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101 View Post
    what's going on here? those who couldn't stand star [i'm included] are now feeling sorry for her cuz ABC did what people have wanted ...boot her? she's had national exposure for 9 years, been paid A LOT of money...and became obnoxious and self centered. i'm glad she's gone and don't feel sorry for her. and typical...she's milking this for all she can.
    i have to agree with ya here ... you said it perfectly.

When was this previously recorded from? (Today's show says it was previously recorded)
    Personally, I believe that Merideth leaving was the first step to jumping the shark (basically, they were hooking their feet into the waterskis). Then announcing that Rosie O was replacing her was step 2 (starting the engine to the boat) and now this whole thing with Star is the final step. They're off the platform and heading up the ramp to "jump the shark". I agree that with everything that's gone on in the past months, this show is almost certainly going to be cancelled. No one wanted to listen to Rosie when she had her own talk show why are they going to want to listen to her now?? What is ABC thinking? Who are they going to get to replace Star? Ellen Degeneres???
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Yeah she may giving it to ABC and they are giving it right back to her, and I cant help but feel bad for her, I would feel betrayed too if it was me, they wanted her to leave on thier terms, she did it her way 2 days earlier.

I am not buying the "I wanted the public to know the truth" bit, they hurt her and she was going to hurt them back, but she didnt take into consideration all the "negative" backlash.
    Freedom, Justice & Equality For All

I can't stand Star, but then again I can't stand Barbara or the show itself, which is why I've never watched much of it. Frankly, I've never understood why it's lasted as long as it has, but for the fact that it doesn't have much competition in it's time slot. There's a reason it's never won an Emmy.

Coming from a strictly business point of view, throughout my career, I've worked in human resources and payroll, and I've NEVER heard of an employee being given many months' notice that they'll be fired, or that their contract will not be renewed. That would be an utterly ridiculous business decision. Add to that, the fact that this is a live show, and if Star had felt it would benefit her, she'd have the ability to promote herself even more (is that possible?), they most likely would feel even more pressure to keep things under wraps. I don't care how long she worked there, and how she felt about her coworkers, they are business associates first, and do not owe her several months' notice of their intentions.

I saw her on LKL last night, and another problem I have with this situation - she says she's known her contract was not being renewed since April, and that all had agreed she'd make her statement on Thursday. She couldn't wait two more days? I think she dropped this nugget on Tuesday simply to be in control and show 'them'. Very unprofessional.

I've worked in bad situations before, given notice after years of employment, sucked it up and finished out my time, then left with dignity and joy in my heart that I never had to go back to that hell-hole. She could have done the same thing, but chose not to. This is business, and why she feels people should be taking sides is beyond me. In the big scheme of things, this seems very trivial to me. She got her feelings hurt. It happens.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by KELBEL View Post
    Yeah she may giving it to ABC and they are giving it right back to her, and I cant help but feel bad for her, I would feel betrayed too if it was me, they wanted her to leave on thier terms, she did it her way 2 days earlier.

I am not buying the "I wanted the public to know the truth" bit, they hurt her and she was going to hurt them back, but she didnt take into consideration all the "negative" backlash.

There is negative feedback for both parties, I do feel bad for her. Barbara though surprise me, but as Star say it is business, I just thought that she should have been the one to tell her instead of through an agent-manager-husband, after sitting at that table for nine years.

To me it says something, and the other producer Bill when he lied to her in November should have told her the truth and even given her the information that Barbara was trying to save her job.

Looking on it now Star didn't know all that until now, so of course she is going to have hurt feelings, but I'm sure god have a plan for her. For me I won't watch that show any more, they are all negative over there and they trash people and then when the people come they kiss ass. I dislike false people. Hopefully star will learn from this.

Funny watching the today show today interview, Al said what I thought since this all break, they keep Star there when Meredith tell them that she was going so they were still using her. I also think that there is more that she cannot say about the situation, Al called her about something in the papers that she was unaware of also, something is been left out of this farce. She said when she found out she wanted to leave right away but they asked her to stay, me myself would have said no I am going, and that would be the end of it. If I am not wanted why stay at the place to benefit their agenda. Then Meredith got a good tribute but she got lies and leeks who needs that, good for her do things her way and move on.
    Last edited by bugsme3; 06-30-2006 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    No one wanted to listen to Rosie when she had her own talk show why are they going to want to listen to her now?? What is ABC thinking?
    Are you kidding? She had a very successful show and left on her OWN accord. She always had strong ratings and they tried to replace her with Caroline Rhea. Now, once she came out, that may have changed, but there is no indication that she can't be successful on The View. She's outspoken, for sure, but that's what this show has always been about. Despite your own personal feelings about Rosie, she might do well.
    Who are they going to get to replace Star? Ellen Degeneres???
    Aside from a shared sexual orientation, and that they're both comedians, I don't understand why you'd bring her up? They are completely different people with completely different personalities. Besides, I don't think Ellen would be interested, as she's got her own very successful talk show right now.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread