+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1435Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Regular

Re: The View

I recall Joy and Barbara saying they think people like James Van Pragh (sp?) are fake and this man was a guest on the show. Elisabeth's brief comments about Chopra are much less offensive than that. Where was the apology from BW and JB?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

BW's 10 Most Fascinating People list show was boring. Virtually all of them are seriously suffering from over-exposure., so who cares?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Didn't even watch it. Didn't want to give her the ratings or the ego stroke. At what point will she consider herself of retirement age?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3247300;
    BW's 10 Most Fascinating People list show was boring. Virtually all of them are seriously suffering from over-exposure., so who cares?
    The worst part about it was the she didnt' even have new interviews with most of them! The Obama interview had already been broadcast, the Phelps interview was from The View, the Miley Cyrus interview was from a previous special, and there was no interview with Sarah Palin. It was more of a "Barabara's best of" special than a new one. I think that ABC should set a rule for her that if she can't get the interviews, she can't do the special.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I didn't watch it either! Most celebs can be soooo boring. I, seriously, don't care about these plastic people. (President-elect Obama, I'm not talking about you! )

And if the President-elect's was a rerun, I'm doubly glad that I didn't waste my time.

Wonder how many people she suckered into watching this pap?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I have always found the "10 Most Fascinating" to be one of the cheesiest, most boring, irrelevent shows ever. I mean WHO CARES, really? Just because BW deems them fascinating enough to have on her show doesn't mean they're fascinating at all.

Definitely "must flee tv" for me.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3247304;
    Didn't even watch it. Didn't want to give her the ratings or the ego stroke. At what point will she consider herself of retirement age?
    well, she's 79 (according to imdb) so I figure she'll croak on air.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3247363;
    I have always found the "10 Most Fascinating" to be one of the cheesiest, most boring, irrelevent shows ever. I mean WHO CARES, really? Just because BW deems them fascinating enough to have on her show doesn't mean they're fascinating at all.

I didn't watch the show, so I'm only going by what I've read on-line....she didn't even do interviews with all of them, the Obama one was an old one, Miley Cyrus was clips from her show and one of the others as well - I'm not sure who she actually did live(ish) interviews with - I think Tom and Will.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3247363;

I agree. Barbara probably thinks that SHE is fascinating and we all know how far off she is there.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3247380;
    I didn't watch the show, so I'm only going by what I've read on-line....she didn't even do interviews with all of them, the Obama one was an old one, Miley Cyrus was clips from her show and one of the others as well - I'm not sure who she actually did live(ish) interviews with - I think Tom and Will.
    As I recall, the people, and who was live and who was not was as follows:

Will Smith - new interview
    Tom Cruise - new interview
    Tina Fey - new interview
    Michael Phelps - The View interview
    Miley Cyrus - old interview
    Sarah Palin - news clips and narrative
    Pregnant Man - old interview
    Rush Limbaugh - new interview

Barack Obama - old interview

I can't remember who the last one was.

+ Reply to Thread