+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1551Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3245373;
    Did she have that nasty look on her face?
    She always has that nasty look on her face!

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;3245522;
    My point exactly Veruka! Most would consider FOX right wing and they have Sean Colms go figure!
    From what I have heard Colmes sat there like a bump on a log while Hannity spread his lies. Not that I would ever turn my tv to that vile channel. Besides I heard that Colmes quit Fox News.

Quote Originally Posted by chaserla;3245942;
    Oh I think Elizabeth knew the name she was trying to recall on Tuesday's show(not Monday as she stated in her apology). I didn't understand why she would have brought him into the discussion and since Elizabeth never has an original thought which is why she doesn't like pop quizzes, I went to the Hannity and Colmes website and guess who was a guest on Monday night, Deepak Chopra.

The reason for the apology was that the story was picking up coverage, Mallika Chopra commented on Elizabeth's comments in an interview at Huffington Post:

Mallika Chopra: What Happened in Mumbai is Very Personal

I believe that she may have received a talking to by TPTB so she was made to apologize to end it.
    Hope they fire her. It would make me almost as happy as when Barack won despite angry democrats who claim they are "scared of him".

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3246041;
    Thank you for this. The very sad thing is that forced apologies leave me cold.

When if ever will EH be fired by The View? But then I think Joy, Sherry, and especially BaBa should be fired, as well.
    I would not cry if Joy, Sherry and Barbara left either. LOL Joy is OKAY but sometimes her jokes can be tacky. I LOVED the show when Meredith and Lisa Ling were on. They were funny but also professional. I hate to admit it but I also enjoyed it when Star was on prior to her surgery/engagement. Yeah, she would irritate me at points but it was always interesting. Don't think they would ever be able to replicate that again. Especially with Elizabeth on there ruining the show.......Lisa Ling was so much better on the show than Elizabeth. Heck even that Debbie (with the irritating imitation of her mom's Greek accent) was better than Elizabeth on the show.......

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3246045;
    Yes. How does it serve anyone to hate Obama at this point? Why not wait and see what he can do before passing judgement? There is just no need to hate someone who hasn't done anything yet. She is out of control.
    He is a democrat. She will never come out and say something positive about a democrat. Her hero is Hannity (watches him every night) so that tells you what type of person she is. Hannity will never give Obama a break and you can bet his little mini me will continue to repeat everything he says as if it is the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by NannaV;3246056;
    Elisabeth has stated many times that she hopes BO does a good job and that she respects the office of our President.

Joy on the other hand has been shown many times to have no resoect at all for our President. Joy makes all kinds of nasty remarks under the guise of comedy.
    Bush does not deserve our respect. First the Supreme Court handed him the election. Then he spent the next 8 years destroying all the progress we made over the years. He will go down as one of our worst presidents. In a way I feel vindicated because I was right about him all along. However, I would prefer to be WRONG and have our country back the way it was during the Clinton years.....

I wasn't offended by the glitter glass or the incense ... I was offended by the Elizabeth's absolute dismissal of Deepak Chopra as a crackpot. This goes for anyone to assumes that: Pick up a book! The man is a brilliant thinker who happens to believe it's important to talk about *gasp* root causes of violence and rebellion.

The simple-minded jingoists -- which Elizabeth proved herself to be with her insinuation that acknowledging America's flaws in the was is tantamount to hating the country -- cannot stand any debate that isn't good vs. evil, black vs. white, and doesn't have easy solution. What's worse, is these ignorant fools actually think they're superior to someone who would examine the complexities of conflict.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by candor;3246138;
    I wasn't offended by the glitter glass or the incense ... I was offended by the Elizabeth's absolute dismissal of Deepak Chopra as a crackpot. This goes for anyone to assumes that: Pick up a book! The man is a brilliant thinker who happens to believe it's important to talk about *gasp* root causes of violence and rebellion.

The simple-minded jingoists -- which Elizabeth proved herself to be with her insinuation that acknowledging America's flaws in the was is tantamount to hating the country -- cannot stand any debate that isn't good vs. evil, black vs. white, and doesn't have easy solution. What's worse, is these ignorant fools actually think they're superior to someone who would examine the complexities of conflict.
    Let's not lose sight of what Elisabeth was commenting on. She was not takling about Chopra in general, and whether or not the man is a thinker. She was commenting on specific comments he'd made, talking about the US funding both sides of the war on terror by fighting terrorists, but then funding terrorisim by buying oil from middle eastern countries. There are those who agree with that and those who don't. It IS a controversial point of view, right or wrong. Heck, the Huffington Post even accused CNN of intentionally cutting their interview with him on the subject off due to the controversial nature of the remark.

Quote Originally Posted by candor;3246138;

Ditto.

Originally Posted by shoepie
    Yes. How does it serve anyone to hate Obama at this point? Why not wait and see what he can do before passing judgement? There is just no need to hate someone who hasn't done anything yet. She is out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz;3246071;
    He is a democrat. She will never come out and say something positive about a democrat. Her hero is Hannity (watches him every night) so that tells you what type of person she is. Hannity will never give Obama a break and you can bet his little mini me will continue to repeat everything he says as if it is the truth.
    IMO, I think EH is hoping Obama will fail. I get that impression when she talks about him despite what she is now saying. It will give her something to gloat about, she will be ready to pounce when he makes a mistake and he will, no president is perfect.

+ Reply to Thread