+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1546Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3245642;
    Whoopi calls him President "I'm a dinner jacket".
    I don't know if anyone considers this offensive or not, but I think it's hilarious.

I haven't watched this show all week so I don't have an opinion on the whole drama. It sure did catch people's attention though.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3245673;
    I don't know if anyone considers this offensive or not, but I think it's hilarious.

I haven't watched this show all week so I don't have an opinion on the whole drama. It sure did catch people's attention though.
    It's not considered offensive because Whoppi says it. I too think it is hilarious AND it helps me remember how to say his name!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Ahmadinejad is actually very easy to say. Rolls off the tongue.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3245685;
    It's not considered offensive because Whoppi says it.
    Give me a break. It's not considered offensive because it's someone making fun of how a name is pronounced... because it's nearly impossible to pronounce without practice. It's not even remotely the same as insulting someone's looks, religion, or race.

Elisabeth's insult about "go burn some incense" was the very same thing as Bill Maher making fun of Sherri's religious beliefs when he was on a month ago. He was rightfully attacked for his comment, as should Elisabeth be. They equate. Comparing those situations to Whoopi making fun of the pronounciation of someone's name does not.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3245551;
    I think there is a very big difference between not knowing a name, and having a name temporarily slip your mind. Given that she was able to come up with it quickly, I think its reasonable to believe that in this case she knew his name, and it slipped her mind momentarily. And I honestly don't see how the incense comment in context was attached to any larger group. I would agree with you that the comments about Elisabeth being stupid are not a commentary on Polish people. But I see NO distinction between those comments and her specific comment about Chopra.
    Oh I think Elizabeth knew the name she was trying to recall on Tuesday's show(not Monday as she stated in her apology). I didn't understand why she would have brought him into the discussion and since Elizabeth never has an original thought which is why she doesn't like pop quizzes, I went to the Hannity and Colmes website and guess who was a guest on Monday night, Deepak Chopra.

The reason for the apology was that the story was picking up coverage, Mallika Chopra commented on Elizabeth's comments in an interview at Huffington Post:

Mallika Chopra: What Happened in Mumbai is Very Personal
    And, subsequent comments by people like Elizabeth Hasselbeck, who apparently referred to my father as “Glitter glasses Whatshisface” and mumbled “Go light a bowl of incense” on The View (national television), do not help the conversation. Rather, they take me back to my days as a teenager when people referred to my father as a “snake oil doctor”. Such racist and ignorant remarks feed an ignorance that is in many ways the root cause of this larger situation.
    I believe that she may have received a talking to by TPTB so she was made to apologize to end it.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3245642;
    Whoopi calls him President "I'm a dinner jacket".
    You gotta admit it's easier to say.

Quote Originally Posted by chaserla;3245942;
    Oh I think Elizabeth knew the name she was trying to recall on Tuesday's show(not Monday as she stated in her apology). I didn't understand why she would have brought him into the discussion and since Elizabeth never has an original thought which is why she doesn't like pop quizzes, I went to the Hannity and Colmes website and guess who was a guest on Monday night, Deepak Chopra.

The reason for the apology was that the story was picking up coverage, Mallika Chopra commented on Elizabeth's comments in an interview at Huffington Post:

Mallika Chopra: What Happened in Mumbai is Very Personal

I believe that she may have received a talking to by TPTB so she was made to apologize to end it.
    Thank you for this. The very sad thing is that forced apologies leave me cold.

When if ever will EH be fired by The View? But then I think Joy, Sherry, and especially BaBa should be fired, as well.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3242326;
    Yes, but Bush is proven.
    Yes. How does it serve anyone to hate Obama at this point? Why not wait and see what he can do before passing judgement? There is just no need to hate someone who hasn't done anything yet. She is out of control.

FORT Regular

Elisabeth has stated many times that she hopes BO does a good job and that she respects the office of our President.

Joy on the other hand has been shown many times to have no resoect at all for our President. Joy makes all kinds of nasty remarks under the guise of comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3243597;
    as we saw on the behind the scenes show, they plan out everything they discuss on the air ahead of time ... so they were all asked privately ahead of time.
    Well, they did not plan when Star quit on live TV. So I'm sure some things slip by....lol

+ Reply to Thread