+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1548Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Did she have that nasty look on her face?

FORT Fan

What was she supposed to say? The apology was as quick and insignificant as the original comment.
    I didn't find the comment offensive and certainly NOT racist. That is a bit of a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by ParkerMadison;3245427;
    What was she supposed to say? The apology was as quick and insignificant as the original comment.
    I didn't find the comment offensive and certainly NOT racist. That is a bit of a stretch.
    Well, apparently enough others did find the comment offensive to warrant an apology.
    CYA

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ParkerMadison;3245427;
    I agree absolutely! It is called the VIEW!! Move on already! He wears glitter glasses!!! And he does all that new age stuff which is often associated with lighting a bowl of insence and frankly his comments are sometimes offensive!
    Move on already and get in a huff about something that is serious not stretched and twisted to be something it wasn't. Joy says equally outrageous things on a daily basis. They all do , the PC police is in overdrive!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3244934;
    Apparently he did an interview with Anderson Cooper a few months ago while wearing glasses that had red "glitter" in them. I've never seen him wear them but I have no idea whether it was a one time thing, they are his normal glasses, or ?

I don't necessarily believe that Elisabeth intended the joke as insult to a race, but rather to Deepak Choprah's New Age spirituality for which he's well known. But that doesn't lessen the widespread offensiveness of the comment in its stereotype and sheer dismissiveness. To simply refer to him as "Glitter Glasses whatshisname" further demonstrates her absolute immaturity and lack of professionalism.
    Right on, Broadway. I think EH's choice of words shows her ignorance. She was "labeling" the man, period. Very very unprofessional, indeed.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3245474;
    Right on, Broadway. I think EH's choice of words shows her ignorance. She was "labeling" the man, period. Very very unprofessional, indeed.
    The others are just as guilty of labeling. So they too must be unprofessional and ignorant.

FORT Fanatic

What is unprofessional? EH is not a professional journalist. That panel of women are just that. Women from different walks of life (supposedly) what needs to be professional about it? Someone mentioned hypersensitive upthread and that was a perfect word. If I wrote in and complained everytime Joy said something that way I would write in everyday. Just because Bush is unpopular doesn't mean the things she say aren't offensive to a lot of people but it is her VIEW. This isn't the news or 60 minutes.

This is where we will have to respectfully disagree, then. I do not see others labeling quite like Elisabeth. Elisabeth has an immature "I have to get my own way" attitude about her that makes her very offensive.

Had only a handful of people written in to complain about her, I'm sure her comments would have been overlooked. The fact that TPTB deemed an apology necessary indicates that it was more than a few "hyper-sensitive" people in a huff.
    CYA

EH isn't a journalist, but she needs to act professional when on a panel discussing many topics on national tv. Not doing so only makes her look UNprofessional and tacky. Will only limit her career options down the road if she so pursues. JMO.

+ Reply to Thread