+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1306Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

Yeah, that was a rather tacky, classless remark. Offensive much, girly? Can't help but remember the hell Rosie caught for the "Ching-Chong" (or whatever it was) remark. Can't wait to see if Elisabeth's remark is going to draw fire like Rosie's remark did.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3244439;
    While attempting to reference Deepak Chopra's recent remarks on the Mumbai massacre (he implied the terrorists had an eye on America), a frustrated Hasselbeck first called him "Glitter Glasses Whatshisface," and then, dismissing his comments as beneath her recognition, muttered, "Go light a bowl of incense."

yea, that is real adult and christian like.

another reason I hate the twit
    Oh my gosh...did she really say that, but then why would I be surprised. I am grateful that I missed it, since I quit watching the show before the Pres election.

His message(s) were, are and apparently will forever be obviously lost on her.

And she's breeding...we should be VERY scared.

While attempting to reference Deepak Chopra's recent remarks on the Mumbai massacre (he implied the terrorists had an eye on America), a frustrated Hasselbeck first called him "Glitter Glasses Whatshisface," and then, dismissing his comments as beneath her recognition, muttered, "Go light a bowl of incense."

I was watching when they were talking about the massacre and totally missed this comment. weird.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

She shot that remark in during some of that crosstalk that they are so famous for having, but it was easily heard.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Crosstalk. That's a nice way to put it.

I guess it blew right by me.

I was reading at TWoP that someone had complained to ABC, which generally does no good at all, and recieved an email reply saying Elisabeth would be addressing her comments on Thursday.
    Not sure why she couldn't do so today or what the "addressing" will entail.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3244737;
    I was reading at TWoP that someone had complained to ABC, which generally does no good at all, and recieved an email reply saying Elisabeth would be addressing her comments on Thursday.
    Not sure why she couldn't do so today or what the "addressing" will entail.
    She probably couldn't do it today, because she refused to admit any need to apologize.

The writers probably quickly formulated a suitable diplomatic apology, but EH needed to be taken out to the shed, whipped into shape, and then she needed more time to memorize her lines. Coaching by staff was needed to stress that she must read her lines without straying or going ballistic in defense of her statements for which she is supposedly apologizing.

Hopefully someone will report back here about it, pretty please? I'd sure appreciate it, because I won't let my TV or recorder go there. And I sure as heck am not going to take the time or resources to look it up on you tube.

If she does offer anything approaching an apology it'll probably be the standard kind of "I apologize if I offended anyone" non-apology that people always seem to give.
    I doubt it'll go any deeper than that because I can't recall the last time I saw anyone on tv offer up what I would consider a genuine apology.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

I guess I'm just ignorant, because I don't see what was a big enough deal in her comments to warrant an apology. The sparkly glasses whats-his-face comment cracked me up.

I think "go and light a bowl of incense" is being seen as akin to "go and eat some fried chicken" in some quarters.
    I viewed the comment as more of a slam to Chopra than East Indian people in general, but comments I've read elsewhere indicate that others disagree.
    I thought "glitter glasses what'shisface" was very unamusing.
    If you're going to show such righteous indignation about something someone has said at least get the guy's name right.
    I think she knew very well what his name was and chose to call him that silly little name instead because she thought it was funny, which, imo, it wasn't.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread