+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1808Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I thought it was precious. She clearly stated that it was limited to the panel only, not the tv viewers, although if she really wanted to win, she should have asked the viewers to send in their donations.

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3243528;
    I thought it was precious. She clearly stated that it was limited to the panel only, not the tv viewers, although if she really wanted to win, she should have asked the viewers to send in their donations.
    I know that - but putting them all on the spot like that was not very nice. I pick and choose what I sponsor - and even though these ladies can clearly afford $5, she should've asked them privately. Some people really don't like these things - which was clearly Bab's problem.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3243579;
    I know that - but putting them all on the spot like that was not very nice. I pick and choose what I sponsor - and even though these ladies can clearly afford $5, she should've asked them privately. Some people really don't like these things - which was clearly Bab's problem.
    as we saw on the behind the scenes show, they plan out everything they discuss on the air ahead of time ... so they were all asked privately ahead of time.

I rarely watch this show and only saw it because one of my cable channels air it at 5, so I caught it on Friday - so I've not seen the 'behind the scenes' show. So if Babs knew Sheri was going to ask, why wouldnt she just say, yay or nay, rather than rambling on about 'how much' and that she didnt like those kinds of things - Babs was rude to Sheri.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3243609;
    I rarely watch this show and only saw it because one of my cable channels air it at 5, so I caught it on Friday - so I've not seen the 'behind the scenes' show. So if Babs knew Sheri was going to ask, why wouldnt she just say, yay or nay, rather than rambling on about 'how much' and that she didnt like those kinds of things - Babs was rude to Sheri.
    Because saying yay or nay makes for boring TV. Rambling and ranting about a subject that many viewers either strongly agree or disagree with makes for more interesting TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3243622;
    Because saying yay or nay makes for boring TV. Rambling and ranting about a subject that many viewers either strongly agree or disagree with makes for more interesting TV.

Babs being rude didn't entertain me -I really like the shows more when she's not there.

FORT Fan

I think they got a heads up about the charity subject, but I don't think they "rehearsed" Babs saying "Your son goes to a private school! There are plenty of needy kids that need money!" That was rude and Sheri looked kinda uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3242503;
    I feel the same way - Joy is a crack up- but she's knowledgeable and able to communicate her thoughts in a clear manner (and yes, I tend to agree with her - for the most part) whereas, Bitsy is very narrow minded, whiney and childish. There are times I agree with Bitsy, but I just wish she could learn how to express herself without all the dramatics. And sometimes I wish the others would stop interupting each other and let everyone finish a sentence - they are ALL guilty of this!!! Even Babs.
    Agree. I think Joy is funny sometimes, not all the time. She has a good sense of humor.

My sense of humour is sarcastic, just like Joy's, and sometimes I don't realize til afterwards that I may have offended someone, but most people know me and my humour.....as I've always said "to know me, is to love me"

While attempting to reference Deepak Chopra's recent remarks on the Mumbai massacre (he implied the terrorists had an eye on America), a frustrated Hasselbeck first called him "Glitter Glasses Whatshisface," and then, dismissing his comments as beneath her recognition, muttered, "Go light a bowl of incense."

yea, that is real adult and christian like.

another reason I hate the twit

+ Reply to Thread