+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1505Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3238387;
    She's telling the truth though. Babs is so eager to make it seem as if it's all peachy.
    How do you know?

And what difference does it actually make whether they are friends or not? They are coworkers with probably very little in common in the real world. I could see Elisabeth and Sherri getting together after work, or Joy and Barbara, but what would either of the young ones have in common with the seniors, and visa versa? Elisabeth and Sherri can discuss clothes and the kids and Barbara and Joy can discuss medicare and hip replacements or whatever. There, problem solved.

The whole debate reminds me of when "Friends" was the big deal and EVERYONE constantly asked the cast if they were really friends. Who cares? They have chemistry that enough people enjoy to keep them on the air....why does it matter? Meh.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Rosie saw BW as a mother figure, and I think she was extremely disappointed and hurt over the reality that she thinks she experienced. You've got to be soooo careful about idolizing people; disappointment is waiting just around the corner for you. Reality can suck.

It's usually the best to keep personal relationships and work relationships separate.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3238589;
    Rosie saw BW as a mother figure, and I think she was extremely disappointed and hurt over the reality that she thinks she experienced. You've got to be soooo careful about idolizing people; disappointment is waiting just around the corner for you. Reality can suck.

It's usually the best to keep personal relationships and work relationships separate.
    I think that was a big part of it. I also think that Rosie came into the show expecting to be more to it than she turned out to be. I think she saw herself as the big daytime star that was there to save the show ... that it'd somehow evolve into being more "Rosie and Friends" and less "The View". That's supported by the disagreemetns they had in negotiating a renewalto her contract when she was looking for producer status, etc. Rosie is used to being the captain of the ship, and I think she expected to be on The View. When she realized she was just part of an ensamble, it soured her attitude.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I actually liked today's show, despite my hate for pretaped shows being passed off as current. Rachael Ray was likeable and i like that her book has vegetarian recipes.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3237978;
    What did Walters say??

I happen to agree with Rosie - I don't think the camaraderie that these ladies extends past the stage. I'm sure they're not enemies, but I don't they do lunches, or socialize outside of the studio at all. If any of them do I think Sheri and Lizbich might.
    Agree too, especially with EH.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3238016;
    To be fair, she never claimed to not have any part of it, she just mentioned that there was one bad year.
    From EH's comment yesterday about the one bad year, she was indirectly saying that about Rosie. She didn't name names but we all know who she was talking about. EH annoys me, I do not like her at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3238387;
    She's telling the truth though. Babs is so eager to make it seem as if it's all peachy.
    I'll bet it isn't all peachy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Elisabeth needs to do a better job of stopping her down-low/covert/overt Obama hating. I know, I know....she probably can't. Grow up, Idiot.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread