+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree978Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

Are you talking about the so called "pregnant man"? BW's "been there, done that". If I were her, I'd be having better things to do than to revisit the same story again.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

IMO, it wasn't "been there, done that" for BW. She's judgmental and close-minded.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Ditzy didn't look too comfortable during that interview. hell, she barely cracked a smile.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I don't blame her, the guy creeps me out. There is something slimey about him. **shudder**

Loved Dennis Leary, though. I need to get that book.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3237395;
    I don't blame her, the guy creeps me out. There is something slimey about him. **shudder**

Loved Dennis Leary, though. I need to get that book.
    Me too. I try to always be open minded but there is something about that guy that gives me the creeps. I have to admit though, that their baby is just adorable.

FORT Fan

That was a very painful interview (to give I'm sure) and to watch.
    What can you really say and it's hard to NOT be judgemental.
    It's very, umm...unorthodox.
    I mean we're not even talking about a same sex relationship.
    This is a I'm not a woman, only when it's convienient-but not really relationship.

I don't really understand why some people are so unaccepting of any other than the established "norm", and are so judgmental about alternate lifestyles.

If it's got something to do with religion (especially Christianity), then it's even less understandable. WWJD?

I can tell you that for me it isn't judgemental or unaccepting, it is that he is creepy, plain and simple. There is just something creepy about him. He just seems sleezy to me.

I agree with lil bit, though, the baby is adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3237503;
    I don't really understand why some people are so unaccepting of any other than the established "norm", and are so judgmental about alternate lifestyles.

If it's got something to do with religion (especially Christianity), then it's even less understandable. WWJD?
    Do you think that maybe this couple enjoys all the publicity and welcomes the attention, good and bad? I get the idea that the wife isn't as interested in becoming the object of everyone's attention as the husband is. Whether WE are accepting or not is of little importance. It's what will be happening for the rest of their lives and those babies lives. They chose to put it all out there for the world to judge. We didn't and those babies surely didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3237507;
    Do you think that maybe this couple enjoys all the publicity and welcomes the attention, good and bad? I get the idea that the wife isn't as interested in becoming the object of everyone's attention as the husband is.
    I think that Nancy is not as comfortable as Thomas is with the media. And I really doubt that either of them is happy about the negative attention (who would be?). They've apparently had death threats (discrimination taken to an extreme).
    Whether WE are accepting or not is of little importance. It's what will be happening for the rest of their lives and those babies lives.
    Agreed.

That's what so heartwarming about their story. They have friends, neighbors, and Nancy's side of the family that are so supportive and accepting (let alone the open-minded public). Apparently the friends and neighbors didn't realize at first "what was going on", yet they became and remain supportive.

It's sad that Thomas' father is not supportive, but of course, he is entitled to his opinion, which apparently has caused him to turn away from his own blood.

+ Reply to Thread