+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1809Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3236494;
    I didn't see the show either, but just from the comments here, I find it beyond ridiculous that EH would whine on camera about not getting the napkins. She is such a child, yet she's a mother. Scary! Also, gosh forbid she ever encounters a serious problem in life. She should kiss the ground for ever lucking out into her extremely overpaid salary (whatever it is, but I know it's too much). /EH rant

She wasn't whining. She was sharing a story of what happened over the weekend for entertainment value. Kind of like when Regis goes to dinner and something disasterous happens, he doesn't whine about it ... he tells the story exaggerating and emphasizing various things in order to fill time in an entertaining way. It was nowhere near one of the "Time Warner won't fix my cable" stories that some of the other women have shared.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3236482;
    I hate it when the women are in the middle of what is an interesting discussion and they have to go to break. Whoopi usually says we'll pick this up right after the break, and they never do.

Most women who have been married understand that trying to shop with your husband is probably not a good idea. It's not a cutesy little incident, which is why we say, "Been there, done that, and won't do that again." It can be a breeding ground for resentment.
    Many years ago my husband and I were Christmas shopping. Now, I LOVE to shop, but I HATE Christmas shopping, so needless to say, we were maybe both a little "edgy." I'm trying to finish my list and my husband starts in on the impatient routine. (come on... hurry up... lets go...etc.) Finally I turned to him and literally yelled at him, "Look, this is something that I HAVE to do so either you shut your mouth or go park your butt in the car!" He went to the car, we didn't speak to each other for the rest of the day, but we both learned from the lesson and we are now more tolerant of our different shopping styles. He understands that I need more time while shopping, even for groceries, and I understand that if I want to go and enjoy an entire day, it's best to leave him home.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3236468;
    I would never go shopping with a man, period. I always feel like I have to rush, can't browse like I'd like to, which is to take my time and look at almost everything.
    I went grocery and clothes shopping (2 different trips) with my ex-husband one time each. We bought way too many groceries we didn't need and he would just stand there and ask me if I was done yet when I was clothes shopping........
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Gosh, i get so tired of the equality for all, except if you're gay message.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3236505;
    She wasn't whining. She was sharing a story of what happened over the weekend for entertainment value. Kind of like when Regis goes to dinner and something disasterous happens, he doesn't whine about it ... he tells the story exaggerating and emphasizing various things in order to fill time in an entertaining way. It was nowhere near one of the "Time Warner won't fix my cable" stories that some of the other women have shared.
    There is no comparison. Regis tells a story for the entertainment value, as you said. EH is not able to add what it takes to make a story funny and entertaining. She comes off as being a whiner because that's exactly what she does..... she whines. No entertainment in that!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Sherri;3236649;
    There is no comparison. Regis tells a story for the entertainment value, as you said. EH is not able to add what it takes to make a story funny and entertaining. She comes off as being a whiner because that's exactly what she does..... she whines. No entertainment in that!
    I was more entertained by Elisabeth's story, combined with the other women's responses, than I am by most of the stories Regis tells. It's just one of the reasons why I DVR The View each day, but not Regis.

To each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferTVchick;3236457;
    Just a thought: often times media people make a story just a bit juicier than it really was...it's kind of expected.
    I agree they do...but EH failed at making the story more entertaining. I actually felt a little embarrass for her when she was telling it. It was not a funny/entertaining/cute story.

I'm also willing to bet that this is not an isolated incident. She didn't really seem all that upset with him about it -more blase about it- and she commented on how she should have known when he said 'so this will take what? 20 minutes?'

My husband has gone shopping with me before and made the trip miserable for us because he was clearly annoyed being there and acted like baby the whole time. I was so pissed at him for that which would have reflected when I told the story to others.

Seriously though, why do they bother going in the first place? Whining just makes me want to drop kick someone.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I find it hard to believe that EH did not:
    1. know that her husband sis not enjoy shopping , therfore should have told him what kind of place it was
    2. that there would not be at least 10 people in line, especially if its a weekend and HomeGoods on top of that.

I appreciate one spouse's willingness to do an activity that the other spouse favors, but geesh, don't complain about once you get there.
    Live and learn!

Did anyone watch last Friday's show with Gloria Estefan and a male guest? They brought Cuban and Lebanese food that Gloria cooked (Cuban) an what her friend cooked (Lebanese food). EH picked up some of the food and threw it into the audience. Everyone on the panel, Barbara, Joy, Whoopi and the guests looked at EH with a look that said "WTH are you doing?". I thought it was very rude to the guests that brought the food.

This is the 2nd time that I saw that she threw food into the audience. EH had better watch her step, they might get rid of her.

+ Reply to Thread