+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1435Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

What bothers me is the big deal they seem to be making over the "worlds first pregnant man". Hey, he's not really a man. A man doesn't have a uterus and without one, there would be no baby. I have no problem with transgender people, or what this couple is doing. If they are good parents, then more power to them. Just quit acting like it's a big deal that this man got pregnant.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

But it would be if it was a man that got pregnant!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3234501;
    But it would be if it was a man that got pregnant!
    Exactly!

The pregnant man story is very typical of the kind of thing Babs does nowadays.
    She isn't the go-to interviewer for big stars any longer.
    I've heard she has a few unusual enries on her "fascinating people" list this year.
    Miley Cyrus for one, who was also on her Oscar special apparently, so look out for clips of that in lieu of a new interview.
    Tom Cruise? Rush Limbaugh? Neither of whom are particularly fascinating, imo.
    She seems to miss out on the big "gets" lately.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

I think it's high time they changed the most fascinating special's name to "10 People Who Agreed to Be Interviewed by Barbara Walters"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3234642;
    I think it's high time they changed the most fascinating special's name to "10 People Who Agreed to Be Interviewed by Barbara Walters"
    I'd bet that Tom Cruise PAID BW to be on the fascinating special.

I stopped watching her specials years ago, but wasn't Tom Cruise "fascinating" last year too .
    I really don't get what the big deal is with this guy.
    Phyllis Newman.....Proof you can't turn a ho into a housewife.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

OK, I did find BW's special disturbing, but I do wish the unusual couple(s) nothing but luck. It' not really important that I "get it"; I don't have to live their life, and my approval is not important. It was when they would say something like, "We're just like everybody else,"....and I'd say, "No.....you're not."

Good Golly, Miss Molly. What a conundrum.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Ugh, I don't know where to start on BW's special on Thomas Beattie. The most disturbing things were about BW, not Thomas Beattie and his family.

Despite footage about family, love, and acceptance of alternative lifestyles by community, BW managed to present it in a sensationalist and judgmental fashion. That is hardly surprising, but very disappointing, and one reason that I lost most respect for her years ago. She is apparently aspiring to be the female version of Geraldo Rivera.

I wasn't surprised (let alone shocked or speechless, like BW) that Thomas is pregnant again. BW needs to open her mind and heart (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3234863;
    OK, I did find BW's special disturbing, but I do wish the unusual couple(s) nothing but luck. It' not really important that I "get it"; I don't have to live their life, and my approval is not important. It was when they would say something like, "We're just like everybody else,"....and I'd say, "No.....you're not."

Good Golly, Miss Molly. What a conundrum.
    Was it just me or did any of you get the impression that the Mom isn't quite as gungho about this new family as the Dad is? She is obviously older and I wondered if she's just ready to enjoy life without raising another family. Maybe I'm way off base (or imagining what MY reaction would be to all this). And it was mentioned a couple of times that Mom injected the syringe of sperm but did I miss where it came from in the first place? I never get to watch an entire program without interruptions so maybe it was talked about.

+ Reply to Thread