+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1633Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3232867;
    All she said was that the day shouldn't be concentrated on one war but vets of all wars.
    I agree with that but I also think that Joy's sentiments weren't out of line in that the veterans that we are honoring are not getting the best care and that does include vets of all wars.
    CYA

I don't think she said anything narrow minded at all. All she said was that the day shouldn't be concentrated on one war but vets of all wars.

If anything, to me it seemed like Joy was in a bad mood and came out spoiling for a fight.
    What I heard her say was that we should be thinking of the soldiers who are fighting in wars right now. She completely ignored the notion of Veteran's Day. If she made any statements about honoring vets of past wars, it escaped me entirely. I may have tuned her out after she shouted out over Joy...

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3232716;
    I don't underatand why some conservs feel they "own" supproting the troops. They don'.t
    They equate the liberal view of not supporting the war with not supporting the troops. Which, of course, is ludicrous.

FORT Regular

I don't think she said anything narrow minded at all. All she said was that the day shouldn't be concentrated on one war but vets of all wars.

If anything, to me it seemed like Joy was in a bad mood and came out spoiling for a fight.
    That is the way I saw it as well. Joy seemed ready to try to start something.

Quote Originally Posted by NannaV;3233066;
    That is the way I saw it as well. Joy seemed ready to try to start something.
    Joy is always ready to start something, but then, so is Elisabeth. IMO EH was defending her boy Bush's war in Iraq.

FORT Fogey

I understood where both women were coming from in that discussion. Joy is very passionate about her views on the war, and saw an opportunity to speak up about it. Elisabeth saw it as a distraction from what the day was all about, and spoke out about that. I don't know that I agree with the defense of Joy being concerned about the care being given to veterans as the motivation, because she didn't go into that until after Elisabeth responded. But I think both women were doing what they're supposed to do on the show -- sharing their views. I will also say, I'm glad that Whoopi saw where it was going, and did what she should as moderator and moved on.

Whoopi did the right thing by moving it along.

I cringed at Elizabeth's comments that criticizing the war on Veterans Day amounted to "griping." It would have been more diplomatic if Joy hadn't come out so aggressively, or perhaps waited for a more "appropriate" day. But I resent the whole mentality in which unquestioning boosterism is nobler than dissent. You know what's good for the troops? Getting them out of Iraq before more get killed, and treating them well when they get back.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

EH needs to grow up and realize the world is not black and white Repuke or Dem. She is ready to pounce on any little thing and really it gets quite old. I am sure the next 8 years she will stick her foot in her mouth many times. She is the reason I do not faithfully TIVO the View anymore.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Legally-shmegally....this "I was born female, but now I'm a man" stuff makes me crazy. The courts say that I'm a man, a letter from my doctor says I am? I guess it bothers me more when it's the male to female move. When I think of all of the "dues" that I've paid as a female that a guy has never had to pay, it just doesn't set well in my head. Also, I guess I've experienced more male to female "transitions". I heard a drag queen say that a guy who "transitions" (and I guess it is also applicable to the opposite movement, too), "He's as close to a woman as he will ever get, but he's still a man." That, I understand.

The DNA/genes are of the original sex, no matter what the courts or doctors say. If the DNA was the only way to identify somebody after a tragedy or, say 100 years from the point of death, couldn't the ID conflict with what the clothes/surroundings might indicate?

I know I'm going waaay tooo deep over this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread