+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1548Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3231951;
    I missed the show right after the election. Was Elisabeth able to cope when Obama won?
    Yes. She expressed a lot of the sentiments that many other conservatives did. She talked about how moving it was to witness from a historical perspective. She also talked about how as an American, she wants Obama to do well whether she voted for him or not -- that since he's going to be our president now, she'll join the line she was not one of the first to join of those supporting him. She wasnt' overly excited about it, but wasn't totally muted either. She was a grown-up about it.

I give EH a lot of credit. She has been pretty subdued and gracious since the election. I've alwys liked her even if I don't agree with her views. It also helped that Joy was not there after the election, or we would have seen some sparks fly, I'm sure.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3231953;
    Yes. She expressed a lot of the sentiments that many other conservatives did. She talked about how moving it was to witness from a historical perspective. She also talked about how as an American, she wants Obama to do well whether she voted for him or not -- that since he's going to be our president now, she'll join the line she was not one of the first to join of those supporting him. She wasnt' overly excited about it, but wasn't totally muted either. She was a grown-up about it.
    She took her cue from McCain rather than from a naysayer, that was nice.

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

EH has handled herself well this week. She's got to feel ganged up on, most of the time. I'm not a huge fan, but her voice has lended balance over the last few months and I prefer her opinions to, "I'm not going to say who I voted for." Yes, most Americans have a right to keep that quiet, but when you're on a show that is largely driven by opinions and hot topics, you should be stating your side and doing so with good information to back it up. I thought Whoopie doing the Prop 8 information and stating that she only had good info about two of the accusations and had not had time to research the third made her look balanced and smart. Someone who checks her facts. I liked Rosie, but she was all wrong for that show.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

EH was way off base today when she criticized Joy, who was talking about the casualties of war. EH wanted to keep the message as one of support for the soldiers who are currently fighting in Iraq. Veterans are those who have been released from duty. And Veteran's Day was created to honor those who have fought, including the victims of war. It was originally established for WWI.

FORT Fogey

Cootie--I agree with you. Joy was talking about getting better treatment and help for returning veterans--for all US Troops--current and former--which I feel is completely approrpiate for Veterans Day.

EH's complaint seemed highly political--something she was accusing Joy of--and out of place since it took the attention away from the veterans and onto EH' personal politics.

I am hoping she grows up soon. I suspect a non-Republican president will help her with this.

I don't underatand why some conservs feel they "own" supproting the troops. They don'.t

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;3232550;
    EH was way off base today when she criticized Joy, who was talking about the casualties of war. EH wanted to keep the message as one of support for the soldiers who are currently fighting in Iraq. Veterans are those who have been released from duty. And Veteran's Day was created to honor those who have fought, including the victims of war. It was originally established for WWI.
    I was wondering how long it would be before EH started going back to her narrow-minded and annoying ways. I'm surprised she almost made it a week !

I don't think she said anything narrow minded at all. All she said was that the day shouldn't be concentrated on one war but vets of all wars.

If anything, to me it seemed like Joy was in a bad mood and came out spoiling for a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3232867;
    I don't think she said anything narrow minded at all. All she said was that the day shouldn't be concentrated on one war but vets of all wars.

If anything, to me it seemed like Joy was in a bad mood and came out spoiling for a fight.
    Give her time .

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I'm not buying any of it.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread