+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1635Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

I'm thinking that they won't have to come down on Elisabeth too much this morning since the results of the presidential race speaks for themselves. I'm thinking that we will see that thundercloud face quite a bit today. I'm just hoping that she doesn't open her mouth too much and make as big a fool of herself as she did yesterday.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Of course EH is eating her words about Obama. She said she will be the first to stand up and respect our President. She is such a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3228628;
    I wouldn't be surprised to see her show up in "widow's weeds" tomorrow, complete with hat and heavy black veil.
    Well you called that one minus the hat and veil of course. She is indeed in black dress.
    CYA

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

She's in Project Runway's answer to 'widow's weeds' - 21st century!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Sherri brought tears to my eyes when she was talking about her son and how there are no limits anymore. It sure hit the mom spot.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3228964;
    Sherri brought tears to my eyes when she was talking about her son and how there are no limits anymore. It sure hit the mom spot.
    I'm not a mom yet, but it brought tears to my eyes too.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3228964;
    Mine too, but I'm not a parent. Something about her being so proud she could barely breathe. There's no doubt in my mind that her feelings were powerful and she was speaking from the heart. It made me proud just to see her so inspired and so full of hope. It's a great message for America.

On the other hand, although EH certainly acted gracious today, after what she did yesterday (as if she could somehow turn the election around with one final temper tantrum with the SAME crap we've heard for weeks) I'm convinced she wasn't being totally sincere today. But, at least she said some nice things and I hope that was primarily motivated by the right reason. If she hadn't done what she did yesterday, I'd have much more respect for what she did today.

Ditzy is so in mourning. Even eating crow. Oy! Nonetheless, i slept through portions of the show.:-D I woke up so early.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by skynet5000;3228972;

On the other hand, although EH certainly acted gracious today, after what she did yesterday (as if she could somehow turn the election around with one final temper tantrum with the SAME crap we've heard for weeks) I'm convinced she wasn't being totally sincere today. But, at least she said some nice things and I hope that was primarily motivated by the right reason. If she hadn't done what she did yesterday, I'd have much more respect for what she did today.
    I really disagree with this. I finally got home and had a chance to watch the show, and I believe that Elisabeth's reaction was quite sincere, just like the rest of them. Elisabeth has shown in the past that she puts teaching values to her children ahead of her own points of view. Even more important, Elisabeth, like many other McCain supporters (including myself) is in touch enough with what happened yesterday to understand, appreciate, and celebrate the historical and monumental meaning of the occasion which transcends ideology. Last night, we witnessed HISTORY. Agreeing with Barack Obama ideologically is not required for recognizing, celebrating, and being moved by that.

That aside, I thought that both Sherri and Whoopi were beautifully eloquent in sharing their thoughts this morning. If I could have changed anything, it would have been removing Whoopi's voice saying "Don't do it" as Sherri was tearing up. Both of them have a gift for words, and they exhibited it today.

As much as I dislike Elisabeth, she did seem sincere in her thoughts and words this morning.

+ Reply to Thread