+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1338Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3228321;

When it was announced that Dennis Hopper would be on the show, and how he was a lifelong Republican, I was surprised. But I loved his whole segment about how he voted for Barack and how it was the selection of Palin that put him over the edge. Plus the story about what Barack said to him in the elevator really touched me. With all Barack had going on on that particular day, to come up to him and talk to him about his mother's passing was really something!
    I was surprised to hear that he was a Republican too, but didn't he say that he'd voted Republican since Reagan? Something about not letting one party have the control for too long? I enjoyed his Obama story too, but I got the impression that he was a little annoyed when whoever it was brought up his past alcohol and drug use. I've always liked Dennis Hopper. I haven't seen his show "Crash" because we don't get Starz.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

He said he took his cue from a book by Thomas Jefferson that said you shouldn't let one party be in control for too long.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I am just sitting here shaking my head about the stupidness (is that a word...lol) of Hasselcrack.. I am beyond words as I can't even begin to express how she sickens me lately.

I think the point that sent me over the edge on her was when Whoopie said she was trying to educate her, she told her 'you dont need to.'

EVERYONE ... let me say that again.. E V E R Y O N E... needs education. It doesn't matter how young, how old, where they went to school, how long and what piece of paper they got when they were done. In my opinion it is our duty as Human Beings to never stop learning. Once you feel that you no longer need to be educated, you have failed at life. EH to me is just a sad little being, and I only hope that her ignorance is not passed on to her childern.

** Please forgive any typos as i was steamed as i typed lol
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I don't blame EH for being peeved at the "educate". It came across as highly condescending. Yes, everyone needs education, but the way she came across was condescending. Whoopi even clarified what she meant by educate a little later, I think she realized how it came across.

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3228357;
    I don't blame EH for being peeved at the "educate". It came across as highly condescending. Yes, everyone needs education, but the way she came across was condescending. Whoopi even clarified what she meant by educate a little later, I think she realized how it came across.
    I didnt see it that way.. but EH did. I had no problem with what WG said or how she said it.. she was right. EH needed to spout off and act like a spoiled brat.. nothing new. EH never feels the need to reword her statements, why should anyone else to make her feel beter? I DO give WG props for trying to be nice.. but even then EH refused to listen.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I don't have a problem with what WG said, just how she pointed out she was trying to educate EH. I am looking at it from my point of view, don't talk to me like I am a dimwitted 4 year old, talk to me like I am an adult and you will get a much better reaction.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

She got her but handed to her today. And she worked hard for that.
    I probably didn't mention this a week or two ago but, didn't Richard Dreyfus call Oliver Stone a Fascist? I mean, you're in his movie, doesn't he deserve a bit of respect?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3228362;
    I don't have a problem with what WG said, just how she pointed out she was trying to educate EH. I am looking at it from my point of view, don't talk to me like I am a dimwitted 4 year old, talk to me like I am an adult and you will get a much better reaction.
    I agree with you. Whoopi does present herself on the panel often times as the voice of reason -- the wise one. So when she's usually playing that role, and she makes a statement like "When I try to educate you" intended that way or not, it comes across as very condescending. Couple that with the dymanic of 3 voices coming at Elisabeth, and I can't fault her entirely for her response.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Wonder what ol' Elisabeth, my manic parakeet, is doing about now?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Oh, gosh! I can't wait to see this show tomorrow.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread