+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1624Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I noticed yesterday that the second time Sherri said, "Shoot my wad", it was bleeped out. hehehe
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

The first time she said that I laughed so hard. It was one of those out of the blue things that just kill you.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey

I thought the most endearing part of that was Whoopi telling her that she'd tell her what it meant later, and you could tell from Sherri's face that she truly didnt' know.

It was a nice change from the usual bickering.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I've become more and more impressed by Sherri. She really seems to be trying to educate herself on the issues and after meeting so many people who know nothing about either candidate or the issues and are actually proud of that fact, Sherri is a very welcome change.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was shocked to hear that she has never voted before. That is totally ridiculous to me. Yesterday, she said that this will be her first time! I hope she is growing up. I hate people who choose ignorance. Maybe having a child has made a difference in whether or not she chooses to educate herself. I hope so.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

In Sherri's case I'm really beginning to understand that she hasn't actively chosen ignorance.. but rather it's the life to which she has been exposed growing up. I think The View has done her a great deal of good in exposing her to the world outside of her insular circle. She's learning to think and to question not only others, but also herself. It's been refreshing to see it happen bit by bit. Baby steps.

It reminds me of a discussion a group of my friends and I had about religion around 4 years ago. Through discussion we were talking about things we believed and somehow we questioned one friend (who was 47 or 48 years old) about why she believed something that she said she believed in. Her response? "I don't know..I just do." I think faith is made stronger when you question what you think you know.. and make a conscious choice. That's where I think Sherri is.
    Last edited by Broadway; 10-31-2008 at 12:38 PM.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3226298;
    In Sherri's case I'm really beginning to understand that she hasn't actively chosen ignorance.. but rather it's the life to which she has been exposed growing up. I think The View has done her a great deal of good in exposing her to the world outside of her insular circle. She's learning to think and to question not only others, but also herself. It's been refreshing to see it happen bit by bit. Baby steps.

It reminds me of a discussion a group of my friends and I had about religion around 4 years ago. Through discussion we were talking about things we believed and somehow we questioned one friend (who was 47 or 48 years old) about why she believed something that she said she believed in. Her response? "I don't know..I just do." I think faith is made stronger when you question what you think you know.. and make a conscious choice. That's where I think Sherri is.
    I completely agree with your assessment - and I really admire Sherri for her desire to educate herself. There are many people that could really learn from her.

FORT Fan

The show sucked today. IMO.
    the costumes were terrible, except Babs. She looked just like G. Washington.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It was a pretty boring show, I agree.

And, about Sherri, I can understand how stifling some religious upbringings can be, but she's been out from under her family roof for a while now. She's about 40, if I remember correctly. You cannot continue to blame "how I was raised" forever for your lack of choosing to look at the world around you. I really believe that YOUR choice comes into play when we're talking about YOUR life. She is and has been a comedian, in the clubs, for quite some time, so she has been "out there"; she has discussed having been "out there" sexually. Was she home-schooled or did she go out into the world for her education? Many people come from restrictive environments but are much more aware. I still say that a lot of this is her choice.

I am glad to see that she is broadening her horizons. Her son deserves it.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 10-31-2008 at 04:43 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread