+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1548Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Let's see...Sarah Palin is stated to be able to "pump up the crowd". Sarah Palin has proven herself to be pretty not smart. Elisabeth being able to "pump up the crowd"....appeals to the same "not smart" contingent. And neither has the smarts to be embarrassed about their stupidity.

And Elisabeth is trying to be the comedian, too, that Sarah Palin thinks she is. I'm embarrassed for both of them! What could they possibly be thinking about??

Re: The View

As I watched the video, I kept looking at the Palins in the background. Many times it looked as if they were thinking "When the h3ll is she going to shut up!"

I also noticed that the youngest daughter was up on the stage, sitting in a chair, with Trig in her arms. There was some old guy sitting next to her and he was the only one to take a moment to check on how the baby was doing. Maybe he is the "manny"??

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3224377;
    As I watched the video, I kept looking at the Palins in the background. Many times it looked as if they were thinking "When the h3ll is she going to shut up!"

I also noticed that the youngest daughter was up on the stage, sitting in a chair, with Trig in her arms. There was some old guy sitting next to her and he was the only one to take a moment to check on how the baby was doing. Maybe he is the "manny"??
    That "manny" was Charlie Crist, the governor of Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3224402;
    That "manny" was Charlie Crist, the governor of Florida.
    Well, I was glad to see that someone was watching out for Trig and Piper. Crist showed more interest in those kids than Todd Palin. I feel badly for Piper as she is always the one having to hold Trig at these functions (at least the ones I have seen on television). That seems like a large load for such a little girl. I was waiting to see if Elisabeth would offer to take the baby once she sat, but of course, she didn't.

FORT Fogey

When you consider that the eyes of the entire audience was on that stage, along with the secret service assigned to protect the family, i think it's safe to say that Piper and Trig were safe up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3224475;
    Well, I was glad to see that someone was watching out for Trig and Piper. Crist showed more interest in those kids than Todd Palin. I feel badly for Piper as she is always the one having to hold Trig at these functions (at least the ones I have seen on television). That seems like a large load for such a little girl. I was waiting to see if Elisabeth would offer to take the baby once she sat, but of course, she didn't.
    We see this entirely differently. Most of the time one of the older girls holds their little brother for the hour or so that their parents are otherwise engaged. I seldom see the little one holding him and I get the strong impression that she does it for attention. I think she's going through that "look at me" stage in her life that most little girls do. Did you see her get hold of her mothers hand after the speech and literally drag her off the stage? She's a little show off, and a cutie. She will grow up. And of course Elisabeth wasn't there as a baby sitter. If she had walked over to the little girl and taken the baby then people would have commented on how she had to show off her mothering skills. Im sure they told Elisabeth how long to speak, she showed up looking lovely, gave her speech and that was that.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3224516;
    I get the strong impression that she does it for attention. I think she's going through that "look at me" stage in her life that most little girls do. Did you see her get hold of her mothers hand after the speech and literally drag her off the stage? She's a little show off, and a cutie. She will grow up.
    I agree. Little Piper is loving the attention and the limelight, and there isn't anything wrong with that. It's been fun and a good experience for her. However, I remember watching her walking and carrying the baby, Trig one time and it made me so nervous. I don't think I could let a 7 year old carry my baby across a stage like that. I'd be too concerned that she would lose her grip and drop him. Babies can be heavy and squirmy.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

FORT Fanatic

does mr palin ever hold the baby?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101;3225324;
    does mr palin ever hold the baby?
    Yes. He changes the diapers too, though usually not on camera.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

No fan of the Palins, but I did see him holding the baby during the convention. However, when he was about to be introduced he passed the baby to Piper as I recall.

+ Reply to Thread