+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1624Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3223873;
    She kep the crowd's enthusiasm up, and didn't say anything to embarass the ticket.
    Surely you jest? I guess not...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3223876;
    Surely you jest? I guess not...
    We've both watched the tape. So where is a specific example in what she did of her either killing the enthusiasm in the crowd, or embarassing the ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3223884;
    We've both watched the tape. So where is a specific example in what she did of her either killing the enthusiasm in the crowd, or embarassing the ticket?
    I think it's a matter of either drinking the Republican Kool-ade or not, and whether the party knows whom to choose in candidates and cheerleaders.

But I'm fine with agreeing to disagree.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3223887;
    I think it's a matter of either drinking the Republican Kool-ade or not, and whether the party knows whom to choose in candidates and cheerleaders.

But I'm fine with agreeing to disagree.
    Without a specific example, I've got nothing to agree with.

How about the "honor killings" statement and the "saving our baby daughters" statement. What was that about? Was she inferring that if we don't elect McCain/Palin that no one will stand against those things? And if so, what about our baby sons?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3223923;
    How about the "honor killings" statement and the "saving our baby daughters" statement. What was that about? Was she inferring that if we don't elect McCain/Palin that no one will stand against those things? And if so, what about our baby sons?
    She was pointing to the speech that Sarah Palin had given, highlighting women's issues that are a top concern for her. A candidate can identify high priorities without saying "I'm the ONLY one who cares about these things". I'd compare it to the point that Obama supporters have made about John McCain talking about the middle class. Obama talks about re-building the middle class as the priority of his economic plan. That does not mean that John McCain is going to set out to eliminate the middle class. But Obama is arguing that he makes it a greater priority. And yes, in a Republican crowd, making a declaration about saving our baby daughters (which should have included sons as well since aboriton in this country is not typically gender specfic) is pumping up the crowd, as was evidenced by the crowd's response to that line.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3223855;
    I loved Aretha today. She still sounds wonderful.
    Yes, she was fantastic, her voice is so good. I don't own any of her cd's but I am going to buy her greatest hits cd this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3223923;
    It's been pretty clear to me from day one of the annoucement of Palin's candidacy that the Republican party/McCain chose Palin to appeal to the female-sheeple (and male-sheeple) vote. Get the female vote with the hockey-mom/Down's syndrome thing, and get the male vote with the physical appearance and dumb-brain thing.

And yes, what about our baby sons? (And just think, these 2 women are mothers )

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3223711;
    I wonder who picked out that green trenchcoat/rain slicker type device she was wearing? Horrible! And the shape was not flattering when she continuously put her hands on her hips as she gazed around looking for more applause.

Is it Nov. 5 yet?
    Awww, you're awfully generous. But you know Elizaditz totally picked out that outfit. She gets dressed in the dark.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3223930;
    Yes, she was fantastic, her voice is so good. I don't own any of her cd's but I am going to buy her greatest hits cd this week.
    I think I want her Christmas CD.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread