+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: The View

  1. #5321
    Dreamer VelvetRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In Wonderland
    Posts
    3,138

    Re: The View

    I loved how Whoopi effectively shut down Twitsy's allegation that the criticism of Palin's campaign wardrobe expenses was sexist. And I was disgusted by the mollycoddling of Twitsy by BW (again? still?). Ditto on
    BW's attempt to treat "all of my children" equally, although...in some ways it is a good analogy. Can anyone even imagine BW having to do that with Meredith or Lisa?

    It truly seems that Twitsy exists in a tiny bubble that is much tinier than the common sheep's (as in "sheeple").

  2. #5322
    FORT Fogey Margaritaville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,857

    Re: The View

    Okay guys - I just followed this link from another site and had to share. Enjoy

    Elisabeth is a moron and then I have something important to say Margaret and Helen

  3. #5323
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,720

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3223723;
    Her "speaking technique" of making one sarcastic comment after another (each accompanied by the cat-ate-canary grin, the robotic panning around the crowd and the lonnnnng pause for approval/applause) was taken right of Palin's routine.

    I get a very chilling Stepford women vibe whenever I see/hear Palin or Twitsy.

    Elizabeth definitely came across looking like a graduate of the Palin School of Speech Giving. She probably spent a lot of time rehershing her speech in the mirror beforehand. Makes me wonder if the words "stop speaking and cast a panning gaze across the audience for applause" was written in brackets on the paper in front of her...Good Lord!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  4. #5324
    Dreamer VelvetRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In Wonderland
    Posts
    3,138

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3223778;
    Okay guys - I just followed this link from another site and had to share. Enjoy

    Elisabeth is a moron and then I have something important to say Margaret and Helen
    OMG, I haven't even't finished reading your link. Thanks for posting it!

    It must be hard to be both pro-war and pro-life at the same time and still look so perky that early in the morning.
    Thank goodness there are still people with free-thinking minds out there. Hopefully they will all vote!

  5. #5325
    FORT Fogey Lil Bit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,376

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3223781;
    Elizabeth definitely came across looking like a graduate of the Palin School of Speech Giving. She probably spent a lot of time rehershing her speech in the mirror beforehand. Makes me wonder if the words "stop speaking and cast a panning gaze across the audience for applause" was written in brackets on the paper in front of her...Good Lord!
    Couldn't have been, otherwise she'd have read them out loud.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

  6. #5326
    Dreamer VelvetRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In Wonderland
    Posts
    3,138

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3223781;
    Elizabeth definitely came across looking like a graduate of the Palin School of Speech Giving. She probably spent a lot of time rehershing her speech in the mirror beforehand.
    You read my mind, because when I first saw the video, I thought about the photo shown a while back of Palin, in a ballcap, rehearsing for the debate (or was it the convention?) at a podium in McCain's backyard. Apparently the photog didn't zoom far enough out to capture the huge mirrors. Although, I will admit that rehearsing in front of a mirror is effective. Except I think the technique is supposed to focus on "seeing how others see you" rather than self-adulation.
    Makes me wonder if the words "stop speaking and cast a panning gaze across the audience for applause" was written in brackets on the paper in front of her...Good Lord!
    "while smirking, nodding, crinkling up your nose and acting 'cute' in any way".

  7. #5327
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,720

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3223805;
    You read my mind, because when I first saw the video, I thought about the photo shown a while back of Palin, in a ballcap, rehearsing for the debate (or was it the convention?) at a podium in McCain's backyard. Apparently the photog didn't zoom far enough out to capture the huge mirrors. Although, I will admit that rehearsing in front of a mirror is effective. Except I think the technique is supposed to focus on "seeing how others see you" rather than self-adulation.

    "while smirking, nodding, crinkling up your nose and acting 'cute' in any way".
    Yeah that too. Frankly, I'm a little embarrassed for her. She apparently has no idea that she's coming off as trying a little too hard.

    Nonetheless, I'm sure Papa Hannity will be very pleased with his little prodigy's performance.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  8. #5328
    Shark Week! dagwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    salt lake city ut
    Age
    43
    Posts
    18,826

    Re: The View

    I loved Aretha today. She still sounds wonderful.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

    Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

  9. #5329
    FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,730

    Re: The View

    I have to say that although EH is not one of my favorite people, nor do I agree with her politics, I thought she did exactly what she was supposed to do, given her personal views. She campaigned for her candidate. I'm sure there are those out there who will be swayed, some who won't, but don't take away from her the fact that she was asked to stump for McCain-Palin.

  10. #5330
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,164

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by famita;3223868;
    I have to say that although EH is not one of my favorite people, nor do I agree with her politics, I thought she did exactly what she was supposed to do, given her personal views. She campaigned for her candidate. I'm sure there are those out there who will be swayed, some who won't, but don't take away from her the fact that she was asked to stump for McCain-Palin.
    Well said. Someone like Elisabeth is brought into an event like that for one purpose -- to pump the crowd up. That's what she did. She was smart about not talking over applause, and stepping back to let the crowd get excited when they chose to (such as the USA chant). Going into a crowd of enthusiastic supporters and pumping them up to see a candidate who is standing on stage is not exactly a tough undertaking, and I'm not going to pretend that it is. But Elisabeth handled herself as well as anyone doing that job. She kep the crowd's enthusiasm up, and didn't say anything to embarass the ticket.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.