+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I loved how Whoopi effectively shut down Twitsy's allegation that the criticism of Palin's campaign wardrobe expenses was sexist. And I was disgusted by the mollycoddling of Twitsy by BW (again? still?). Ditto on
    BW's attempt to treat "all of my children" equally, although...in some ways it is a good analogy. Can anyone even imagine BW having to do that with Meredith or Lisa?

It truly seems that Twitsy exists in a tiny bubble that is much tinier than the common sheep's (as in "sheeple").

Okay guys - I just followed this link from another site and had to share. Enjoy

Elisabeth is a moron and then I have something important to say Margaret and Helen

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3223723;
    Her "speaking technique" of making one sarcastic comment after another (each accompanied by the cat-ate-canary grin, the robotic panning around the crowd and the lonnnnng pause for approval/applause) was taken right of Palin's routine.

I get a very chilling Stepford women vibe whenever I see/hear Palin or Twitsy.

Elizabeth definitely came across looking like a graduate of the Palin School of Speech Giving. She probably spent a lot of time rehershing her speech in the mirror beforehand. Makes me wonder if the words "stop speaking and cast a panning gaze across the audience for applause" was written in brackets on the paper in front of her...Good Lord!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3223778;
    Okay guys - I just followed this link from another site and had to share. Enjoy

Elisabeth is a moron and then I have something important to say Margaret and Helen
    OMG, I haven't even't finished reading your link. Thanks for posting it!

It must be hard to be both pro-war and pro-life at the same time and still look so perky that early in the morning.
    Thank goodness there are still people with free-thinking minds out there. Hopefully they will all vote!

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3223781;
    Elizabeth definitely came across looking like a graduate of the Palin School of Speech Giving. She probably spent a lot of time rehershing her speech in the mirror beforehand. Makes me wonder if the words "stop speaking and cast a panning gaze across the audience for applause" was written in brackets on the paper in front of her...Good Lord!
    Couldn't have been, otherwise she'd have read them out loud.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3223781;
    Elizabeth definitely came across looking like a graduate of the Palin School of Speech Giving. She probably spent a lot of time rehershing her speech in the mirror beforehand.
    You read my mind, because when I first saw the video, I thought about the photo shown a while back of Palin, in a ballcap, rehearsing for the debate (or was it the convention?) at a podium in McCain's backyard. Apparently the photog didn't zoom far enough out to capture the huge mirrors. Although, I will admit that rehearsing in front of a mirror is effective. Except I think the technique is supposed to focus on "seeing how others see you" rather than self-adulation.
    Makes me wonder if the words "stop speaking and cast a panning gaze across the audience for applause" was written in brackets on the paper in front of her...Good Lord!
    "while smirking, nodding, crinkling up your nose and acting 'cute' in any way".

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3223805;
    You read my mind, because when I first saw the video, I thought about the photo shown a while back of Palin, in a ballcap, rehearsing for the debate (or was it the convention?) at a podium in McCain's backyard. Apparently the photog didn't zoom far enough out to capture the huge mirrors. Although, I will admit that rehearsing in front of a mirror is effective. Except I think the technique is supposed to focus on "seeing how others see you" rather than self-adulation.

"while smirking, nodding, crinkling up your nose and acting 'cute' in any way".
    Yeah that too. Frankly, I'm a little embarrassed for her. She apparently has no idea that she's coming off as trying a little too hard.

Nonetheless, I'm sure Papa Hannity will be very pleased with his little prodigy's performance.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I loved Aretha today. She still sounds wonderful.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I have to say that although EH is not one of my favorite people, nor do I agree with her politics, I thought she did exactly what she was supposed to do, given her personal views. She campaigned for her candidate. I'm sure there are those out there who will be swayed, some who won't, but don't take away from her the fact that she was asked to stump for McCain-Palin.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3223868;
    I have to say that although EH is not one of my favorite people, nor do I agree with her politics, I thought she did exactly what she was supposed to do, given her personal views. She campaigned for her candidate. I'm sure there are those out there who will be swayed, some who won't, but don't take away from her the fact that she was asked to stump for McCain-Palin.
    Well said. Someone like Elisabeth is brought into an event like that for one purpose -- to pump the crowd up. That's what she did. She was smart about not talking over applause, and stepping back to let the crowd get excited when they chose to (such as the USA chant). Going into a crowd of enthusiastic supporters and pumping them up to see a candidate who is standing on stage is not exactly a tough undertaking, and I'm not going to pretend that it is. But Elisabeth handled herself as well as anyone doing that job. She kep the crowd's enthusiasm up, and didn't say anything to embarass the ticket.

+ Reply to Thread