+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1808Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fan

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3223566;
    I'm only 3 minutes into it, and it is pretty scary how much she has taken on Palin's inflections and manner of public speaking. She's like a little Palin.

Of course, she would take that as a supreme compliment, but it is not meant that way, in the slightest.

I was going to say "why can't she just be herself?", but, wait.
    ITA.
    Did she say, "I see ya!"

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Goodness I think my head just blew up after watcing that
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by ParkerMadison;3223582;
    ITA.
    Did she say, "I see ya!"
    Yep.

The other thing that made this almost unwatchable was all her ridiculous over-the-top facial expressions and her overly huge adulation of herself. I literally wondered if she had a bank of monitors (mirrors). When she said "I've just gotta be sassy, I can't help myself", I wasn't sure whether to literally ROTFL or click the "x" (or both).

Oh, I almost forgot. The several times that she said that this campaign is looking out for women, I hoped that I was watching a bad political satire movie. No such luck, this is REAL! Palin would take us back to the 50's and earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3223566;
    ...it is pretty scary how much she has taken on Palin's inflections and manner of public speaking. She's like a little Palin.
    She's a Palinguist .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I wonder what the average Republican voter really thinks about Lisbitch....I've not heard one complimentary remark about her appearance over the weekend......
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I wonder who picked out that green trenchcoat/rain slicker type device she was wearing? Horrible! And the shape was not flattering when she continuously put her hands on her hips as she gazed around looking for more applause.

Is it Nov. 5 yet?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3223701;
    I wonder what the average Republican voter really thinks about Lisbitch....I've not heard one complimentary remark about her appearance over the weekend......
    I'm not sure if that's because no one has anything nice to say, or that most people didn't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3223711;
    I wonder who picked out that green trenchcoat/rain slicker type device she was wearing? Horrible! And the shape was not flattering when she continuously put her hands on her hips as she gazed around looking for more applause.

Is it Nov. 5 yet?
    Her "speaking technique" of making one sarcastic comment after another (each accompanied by the cat-ate-canary grin, the robotic panning around the crowd and the lonnnnng pause for approval/applause) was taken right of Palin's routine.

I get a very chilling Stepford women vibe whenever I see/hear Palin or Twitsy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think if Elisabeth ever entertained an original thought in that pinata head of hers, her part of the world might come to a screeching halt!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread