+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1621Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3221952;
    Hasselback trying to tell Joy she couldn't plug her stand-up was a stupid analogy, but it was the only arrow she had in her arsenal, and she shot it anyway. And she deserved the smackdown for taking up airtime saying dumb things like that. If you want to debate, have something to say. I'm all for people with her POV representing on the show. Just find somebody who is less of an idiot doing it.
    Joy told her off, good for Joy. EH must be desperate since she cannot win the arguments on the show so she goes after Joy in a personal way. Smart EH........

The ladies are saying nothing happened back stage. I don't know but I think I will play Pollyanna and believe that it was just an internet rumor. Show me something on tape then I will believe it. It is possible that it s just a rumor.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3222130;
    The ladies are saying nothing happened back stage. I don't know but I think I will play Pollyanna and believe that it was just an internet rumor. Show me something on tape then I will believe it. It is possible that it s just a rumor.
    I'm with you. Ever since I fell for an internet story about Subway pitchman Jared Fogel having died of complications from his weight loss surgery that he supposedly had several years ago, I've been particularly leery of rumors unless backed up by video or audio proof.

I really think things on this show will smooth out after the election.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3222182;
    I'm with you. Ever since I fell for an internet story about Subway pitchman Jared Fogel having died of complications from his weight loss surgery that he supposedly had several years ago, I've been particularly leery of rumors unless backed up by video or audio proof.

I really think things on this show will smooth out after the election.
    And ratings will likely fall....

I never heard that rumour of Jared - he had weight loss surgery, I thought it was just his subway diet??
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Well, I guess the idiot will be singing more praises for the McCain Camp next week.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - View co-host hitting the trail « - Blogs from CNN.com

View co-host hitting the trail
    Posted: 01:40 PM ET

Hasselbeck is set to hit the campaign trail.
    (CNN) – Elizabeth Hasselbeck, the lone conservative on the daytime talk-show "The View," is set to campaign with Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin this weekend.

Hasselbeck, who often clashes with her co-hosts over the presidential election, said Thursday the Alaska governor had asked her to participate in a weekend rally in Florida.

"Governor Palin asked me to be with her this Sunday to introduce her at the rallies in Florida and I am more than honored to be there," Hasselbeck said. "So I will be flying there to travel with her and meet some pretty interesting people, I have a feeling. So that's an honor, I am excited to do it, and I'll have some stories on Monday."

Palin is set to campaign in Iowa, Indiana, and Florida this weekend.

Hasselbeck has engaged in repeated arguments with co-hosts Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, and Sherri Shepherd on-air over the presidential candidates, especially after the show's unexpectedly hard-hitting interview with John McCain last month
    She will never shut up now.
    Phyllis Newman.....Proof you can't turn a ho into a housewife.

FORT Fogey

For someone like Elisabeth, that is a pretty big deal. She SHOULD be excited, and she SHOULD be gloating a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3222210;
    For someone like Elisabeth, that is a pretty big deal. She SHOULD be excited, and she SHOULD be gloating a bit.
    sure for her - I can't believe Bab's doesn't have it in their contract that any of them are allowed to endorse any candidate. Opinions are one thing, endorsing is a complete other.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3222216;
    sure for her - I can't believe Bab's doesn't have it in their contract that any of them are allowed to endorse any candidate. Opinions are one thing, endorsing is a complete other.
    Especially on a show called THE VIEW. It's kind of shocking to see that they'd be free to express their views. [ / sarcasm]

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3222216;
    Sorry, but on this show, opinions are the same as an endorsement. If you don't think they've each been endorsing their candidate, I'm not sure we are watching the same show.

You're right, NCLurker. I don't think we are going to see Joy vote for McCain or EH vote for Obama. I can see why Babs won't say who she is behind, but the rest of the ladies are entertainers. Joy said it herself. They shouldn't have to keep it to themselves, they aren't journalists and aren't even pretending to be objective.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread