+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 1136 FirstFirst ... 34344454647484950515253545556575859606162631031535531053 ... LastLast
Like Tree1628Likes

Thread: The View

I missed the show today, of all days, I wanted to hear what they had to say about Star.

Whatever people may think of Star, I think it's a shame it came to this.
    Barbara obviously felt blindsided by the timing of her announcemnt on the show, but obviously not by the content.
    I thought Star handled the announcement pretty well. She didn't apportion blame, just said the show was going in another direction and she wouldn't be returning.
    Barbara probably just wanted to be in charge until the bitter end and dictate when the announcement would be made.

I also agree with Star that they could have shut her up about her wedding whenever they wanted.
    The wedding hoopla is the time when I started to go off Star because she came across as being so incredibly diva-like.

I do think it's a shame she didn't at least get to finish out her time on the show.
    The show is just crumbling to bits.
    Lets quickly say goodbye to Elisabeth and try to find three people to give the show a bit of zip.

Y'all realize that none of this would be happening if the show was hosted by men, right?

I'm just sayin'.........
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Vive la difference!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    Y'all realize that none of this would be happening if the show was hosted by men, right?

I'm just sayin'.........

If the show was hosted by men no one would be watching either
    The man version of the show with Dick Clark wasn't on long enough for any fueds to develop

Quote Originally Posted by fluff View Post
    I missed the show today, of all days, I wanted to hear what they had to say about Star.

Whatever people may think of Star, I think it's a shame it came to this.
    Barbara obviously felt blindsided by the timing of her announcemnt on the show, but obviously not by the content.
    I thought Star handled the announcement pretty well. She didn't apportion blame, just said the show was going in another direction and she wouldn't be returning.
    Barbara probably just wanted to be in charge until the bitter end and dictate when the announcement would be made.

I also agree with Star that they could have shut her up about her wedding whenever they wanted.
    The wedding hoopla is the time when I started to go off Star because she came across as being so incredibly diva-like.

I do think it's a shame she didn't at least get to finish out her time on the show.
    The show is just crumbling to bits.
    Lets quickly say goodbye to Elisabeth and try to find three people to give the show a bit of zip.
    I am one of Star's least fans, but I have to say that I feel she handled yesterdays announcement with great dignity and fairness. She didn't lay blame, and probably wouldn't have if they hadn't decided to kick her off before her time was up. And all this hullabaloo (?) because she dared announce her departure two days before they told her she could. Pardon me, but if I've been fired I sure don't plan to stick around and play nice till THEY decide it's the best time.

Star has said that they encouraged her to talk about the wedding, and to tell about the freebies. Now if that isn't the case, I sure agree that they could have shut her up sooner rather than later.

Everyone here knows that I care very little for Star, but I really do like fairness, and she didnt get it. There seems to be a lot of that going round.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff View Post
    If the show was hosted by men no one would be watching either
    The man version of the show with Dick Clark wasn't on long enough for any fueds to develop
    I was going to say something to that effect! Everybody knows that men only speak about 200 words/day!! Except for the guys on Queer Eye, whom I dearly adore!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Hey you all! Don't miss Inside Edition if you can help it!

If you all think that men don't get stabbed in the back too, what about the time that David letterman was promised Johnny Carson's job, but then was passed over for Jay Leno?

Let's face it girls, men are dogs, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jookie View Post
    I don't know, I didn't like listening to Star, but I don't think ROSIE's going to be better. She drives me crazy. Anyone else notice that this is the second not white/white girl swap they've done. Good-bye any type of diversity.
    Jookie..... this isn't a non white girl/white girl swap. Rosie is replacing Meredith, not Star. They haven't named Star's replacement.
    Last edited by totoro; 06-28-2006 at 05:57 PM.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Some guy on Inside Edition suggested that Star be replace with Whoopi. I can't see Whoopi being interested in that show, but who knows. Guess stranger things have happened.

I think whoever gets the job needs to be prepared to be on a losing team. I really don't see this one hanging on for long.

whoppi might be ok, but I htink after awhile some of her opinions may get on people's nerves too.....remember when she had that commercial (I forget for which product) but she made some remarks about Bush and the war at a benefit dinner or something and Bill o'rilley and others demanded that the commercials be pulled and they were.

+ Reply to Thread