+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1557Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3221149;
    EH the twit is just a right wing talking points human billboard. They could tell her to say the sky is pink and she would say oakie doakie

Trust me, the economy is NOT on the way up. My 401 K lost over 1000 THIS month.

I bounced a check this month and have not done that in YEARS I did not spend any more money than normal, every thing is just going up
    Who is the "they" that serves as the right wing to give Elisabeth her marching orders? And why can't they get organized enough to win Senate seats instead of spending so much time focused on programming Elisabeth?

Trust me, the economy is NOT on the way up. My 401 K lost over 1000 THIS month.
    You're telling me. I'm surprised i haven't been waking up in cold sweats yet. Don't even get me started on bouncing checks.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3220855;
    Oops, I posted too soon. 1/2 hour into today's show, EH's alleged Valium wore off. And then she said that she was just going to wear this T-shirt (Palin-McCain) and shut up.

If only!
    Like she could ever shut up

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3220855;
    Oops, I posted too soon. 1/2 hour into today's show, EH's alleged Valium wore off. And then she said that she was just going to wear this T-shirt (Palin-McCain) and shut up.

If only!
    That will never happen. She has to have the last word on everything.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I think Elisabeth's make-up artist hates her. She had a ginormous zit on her chin and it did not appear that any care was taken to cover it.

Wait, it gets better! Defamer is reporting that Joy and Elizabeth got into a backstage shouting match after the show. Bitsy started telling Joy she shouldn't plug her stand-up appearances anymore because her act is so politically motivated (talk about grasping at straws). Joy told her exactly where she could get off.

Anyone else hear a timebomb ticking?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I think it stems from Joy telling her she shouldn't wear her McCain shirt if they are in Hot Topics. It was petty of Barbara to bring up the complaint calls about the shirt during the show. It seemed to me almost like she was chastising her. She started that one, IMO. And, seriously? People complained about her shirt? Anyone who watches this show knows where she stands politically.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey

I agree Dagwood. This is one show where Whoopi and her "come on guys, get off it' voice of reason was very missed.

I got the impression that Barbara brought it up to pander to viewers who called in. I think it should have been ignored. I think it was unfortunate that they did not bring up yesterday that Elisabeth designed the t-shirt. Support McCain or not, her castmates should have / could have celebrated her in that. IT's not about McCain -- it's about a special accomplishment for Elisabeth. That is why it ticked me off that Joy commented as she did. Sherri was very supportive of a "family member" and was kind. And Elisabeth was right -- they support Joy's outside endeavors quite a bit ... including encouraging viewership on a competing network when Joy does Larry King.

It woudl not surprise me if Joy's blow up was kindled by Bill O'Reilly too. I'm not a big fan of O'Reilly, and spend most of the time when I do watch anything he does rolling my eyes at how seriously he takes himself. So I was very pleasantly surprised at how funny he came out there today. He handed it right to Joy, and given the way she gives it to him, i thought it was fair. The way she just sat there seething everytime that either she or Obama was mocked showed what I think is an ugly side of her. It was the epitome of "she can dish it but she can't take it". I don't fault a person for not liking to be mocked by others. But if you're going to mock, you better be ready to take it back. She wasn't. Her response was as bad if not worse as the things Elisabeth does when Joy dishes it to her, which Joy claims to not tolerate. It was an interesting side of Joy that old Bill brought out.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3221873;
    I agree Dagwood. This is one show where Whoopi and her "come on guys, get off it' voice of reason was very missed.

I got the impression that Barbara brought it up to pander to viewers who called in. I think it should have been ignored. I think it was unfortunate that they did not bring up yesterday that Elisabeth designed the t-shirt. Support McCain or not, her castmates should have / could have celebrated her in that. IT's not about McCain -- it's about a special accomplishment for Elisabeth. That is why it ticked me off that Joy commented as she did. Sherri was very supportive of a "family member" and was kind. And Elisabeth was right -- they support Joy's outside endeavors quite a bit ... including encouraging viewership on a competing network when Joy does Larry King.

I totally agree. Joy must be off her meds.
    Joy is always screaming about free speech but now she wants to censor EH political support. What's up with that!
    She was off her rocker the other day when she threw the pen on the table and jumped up form her seat out of frustration. I wanted to die!
    Joy did the same type of pouting when Star was in her LAST days on The View. Uh oh!

Barbara's point, and I think in her own timid way it was a valid one, was that it was fine for Hasselback to wear the shirt during Hot Topics, but not for the rest of the show, when the topic changed and the focus is supposed to be on the guests. Nobody else is wearing their candidates as fashion on the show, and the whole "outnumbered victim" shtick she tries to play up doesn't give her a pass.

Hasselback trying to tell Joy she couldn't plug her stand-up was a stupid analogy, but it was the only arrow she had in her arsenal, and she shot it anyway. And she deserved the smackdown for taking up airtime saying dumb things like that. If you want to debate, have something to say. I'm all for people with her POV representing on the show. Just find somebody who is less of an idiot doing it.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread