+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1551Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fan

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3217226;
    Joy seemed to be in a cranky mood today. I really didn't care for her at all - and I usually enjoy her. Wonder what that was all about? And since she has no idea what is really going on in the relationship between Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston, she really should just keep her opinions to herself. I realize he gave an interview stating he is going to work in the oil fields - but she just ran with that and made assumptions about their relationship that she really shouldn't voice publicly, IMO
    I agree.
    She was acting like the panel's pesky mosquito today.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Stark difference today. This is how you conduct yourself, ditzy.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Yes, I agree Amy Lee! This is usually how EH conducts herself. I'm sure she'll have plenty of temperamental fits before this election is over.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Maybe EH will curl up in a ball and hide in her home the next 8 years while "that one" is president

what????

well one can hope can't she?

Just last week, Joy mentioned that it was her birthday, so she was born in October. Started kindergarten at 4 and graduated at 17. My bday is in September, so it was the same thing for me. Cutoff dates were in December (and still are in my district).

I was actually quite surprised that Joy didn't take HER age/DOB into account. I have no doubt that some of her school friends were born in the early part of that year and, therefore, were 18 when they graduated from high school.

In addition, Joy used to be a teacher. Surely, she should have known that not all kids graduate at 17! Most kids don't!

The only thing about ED Hill that made an impression on me was that she could actually discuss something, unlike EH's try at attempting to get her point across.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3217594;
    Just last week, Joy mentioned that it was her birthday, so she was born in October. Started kindergarten at 4 and graduated at 17. My bday is in September, so it was the same thing for me. Cutoff dates were in December (and still are in my district).

I was actually quite surprised that Joy didn't take HER age/DOB into account. I have no doubt that some of her school friends were born in the early part of that year and, therefore, were 18 when they graduated from high school.

In addition, Joy used to be a teacher. Surely, she should have known that not all kids graduate at 17! Most kids don't!
    It's not a matter of how old Levi Johnston is when he graduates, it was a matter of how old he is now. Not many kids start their senior year already being 18.

And Levi Johnston's birthday is in May, 1990, so he turned 18 in his junior year. That is rare.

Not that I support Joy's position... it was a bit flippant and I wouldn't have made something derogatory out of it.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Barbara Walters seems to be lacking a sense of humor. She always seems to be rolling her eyes at all of the ladies on the panel at one point or another. The show is much better when she is not on.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

No discussion on Elizabeth's latest tirade? Hmmmm I watched yesterday's show and couldn't believe the latest silly comment she made. She blamed Barack Obama for the economy!! Whoopi had a little rant going on saying that everyone in Washington had a hand in the failing economy and that no one party was to blame, as both made bad decisions, blah blah blah Joy started talking about how Bush told everyone after 911 to spend, spend, and now we're broke. Elizabeth stated the reason we are broke is bad money and bad loans. Barack Obama had a chance to stop it and he didn't. Then they had to cut to commercial. I really thought I had heard things wrong and waited to check the video, but nope that's what she said. Bring back ED Hill, at least that woman seems to know what she's talking about.

I have a theory about her now. The McCain's have told her that every time she repeats the Rep. talking points correctly she can stay over at the White House. She wasn't very good at that so now they have told her that every time she slams/blames Obama she can stay over at the White House. lol I have too much time on my hands.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I don't watch The View very often and usually only when my sister tells me there's something I've got to see.

I happened to catch that part of the show yesterday accidentally. With everything I've heard and seen of EH, I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, but I couldn't believe that came out of her mouth. Barack Obama could have stopped it, and didn't? He alone could have stopped it? Give me a break. Looks to me like a whole lot of people dropped the ball on this one, and John McCain and Barack Obama are numbered among them. But to place the blame solely on Obama's shoulders? What is she smoking?

FORT Fogey

I'm not sure i see the difference between Elisabeth blaming it on Obama and Joy blaming it on Bush. As Joy said, Bush had times of pushing Americans to go out and spend as if it was their patriotic duty, which wasn't smart leadership. Obama was involved in suing banks to force them to give more high risk loans, which wasn't smart on his part. Sure, Elisabeth's trying to put it all on one person was stupid, but she sure wasn't the only one on the panel to do such a thing.

+ Reply to Thread