+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1533Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

"Bad spellers of the world, untie!" <--------

Thanks, bee stung lips! I needed that!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I didn't know E.D. before today so I don't have an opinion of her yet. She seemed to do fine today. I can't believe that she's given birth 5 times and is raising 8 kids altogether.

Joy really irked me today though. First trying to rip into Levi Johnston because he's 18 and still a senior. Like there must be something wrong with him. And spouting the family values bit about them beginning to date when they were Freshmen. I was happy to see that Whoopi shut her up. If she can't come up with any better arguments against the Palin's than those examples, she needs to keep quiet.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

How many of us remember how "stupid" we were at 18?? "I do!!" "I do!!"
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3217167;
    How many of us remember how "stupid" we were at 18?? "I do!!" "I do!!"
    Yeah. And the sad part was, at the time, I thought I knew everything!!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

FORT Fogey

Joy was taking issue with him being 18 and a senior? I was 18 and a senior. I turned 18 about 2 months into my senior year. I guess that means I'm an idiot. Who knew? ... okay, don't answer that, it was rhetorical.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3217170;
    Joy was taking issue with him being 18 and a senior? I was 18 and a senior. I turned 18 about 2 months into my senior year. I guess that means I'm an idiot. Who knew? ... okay, don't answer that, it was rhetorical.
    Count me as an idiot too then.

Someone needs to tell Joy that saying something nice about her opponent or even agreeing with the opposite side is NOT going to turn her into a Republican! I certainly don't agree with anyone quitting high school, but you have to give the kid credit for wanting to marry his girlfriend, be a father to the child and trying to support his family. To me that's what family values means. And I'll bet anything that his parents and probably the Palin's too, didn't agree with him dropping out. But when's the last time you tried to talk sense to an 18 year old? That can be a difficult job.

My son turned 18 midway through his senior year because he was born in December. The cutoff date was sometime in October. Anymore, it's thought to be a good thing that children are older than 6 years old when they start school. "Back in the day" age was closely related to whether or not you were thought to be "held back" or "a dummy" if you were older than 6 years old when you started school. Anymore, I think age is irrelevant for school kids; it's more about them being mature enough to handle it. Since I've been working with children, I prefer maturity to age...for them and for me!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Thanks for clearing that up Veruka. I searched ED Hill on Google and realized I am familiar with her.

And prhoshay, not a problem.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I was 18 my senior year. Something tells me Joy may get some angry letters about that remark.

I like E.D. She explains her position without getting defensive. That's what this show needs.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Joy seemed to be in a cranky mood today. I really didn't care for her at all - and I usually enjoy her. Wonder what that was all about? And since she has no idea what is really going on in the relationship between Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston, she really should just keep her opinions to herself. I realize he gave an interview stating he is going to work in the oil fields - but she just ran with that and made assumptions about their relationship that she really shouldn't voice publicly, IMO

+ Reply to Thread