+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree977Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

And how nice that Babs wasn't there!

I remember getting that 'hallelujah' feeling when only 4 people walked onto the stage today!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 10-13-2008 at 03:43 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm beginning to be somewhat impressed with Sherri. She seems to be really determined to learn all she can about the issues before she talks about them. I don't always agree with what she has to say, but she isn't coming across as quite as ill-informed, to put it nicely.

When Sherri brought up the subject that she was concerned about Todd Palin's involvement in Alaskan government when he really has no business being in it, Elisabeth immediately responded with, "What about Michelle Obama?" I just had to laugh and shake my head. It seems that no one can bring up a point that the other side (dem or rep) goes, "Yeah, but your guy..." This whole election is making me weary. I'll be glad when it's finally over and I bet the ladies on The View will be too.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

At least Michelle Obama didn't help pick the VP nom like Cindy McCain did!

I have to say that I have no idea who either candidate had advice from regarding their VP choice.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

There is a difference between being your partner's council and giving advice, than sitting in on professional meetings and using their office to try and push your agenda.

Imagine if you are a professional at a ad agency and you brought your husband/wife into a pitch meeting to a company. Or you let them use your connections to that company to express grievences. I can't imagine you would be employed for very long.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3216676;

When Sherri brought up the subject that she was concerned about Todd Palin's involvement in Alaskan government when he really has no business being in it, Elisabeth immediately responded with, "What about Michelle Obama?" I just had to laugh and shake my head. It seems that no one can bring up a point that the other side (dem or rep) goes, "Yeah, but your guy..." This whole election is making me weary. I'll be glad when it's finally over and I bet the ladies on The View will be too.
    I think E had a valid point, here. You could say the same about the spouse of any political figure. I don't think it was a "what about your guy" type of comment. In all I think EH did well today giving her opinions without bringing up points that had nothing to do with it or pointing fingers until the end when they were talking about the terrorist guy (sorry can't remember his name ) Then she tried the it's different with Obama and she blew it.

I can't wait for the election to be over, either.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3216754;
    There is a difference between being your partner's council and giving advice, than sitting in on professional meetings and using their office to try and push your agenda.

Imagine if you are a professional at an ad agency and you brought your husband/wife into a pitch meeting to a company. Or you let them use your connections to that company to express grievences. I can't imagine you would be employed for very long.
    Good analogy, AsIs.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Oh good....the ever so obnoxious ED Hill is sitting in for Elisabeth. ED is the female equivalent of the verbal road rage, obnoxious Bill O'Reilly...at least she tries to be. No surprise, I guess. If I remember correctly, the last time she was on the show, she ended up shutting her mouth down.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Who's ED Hill?
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3217132;
    Who's ED Hill?
    She is on Fox News. She was originally one of the 3 hosts of their morning program, Fox and Friends. Then she moved into a daytime slot with her own show. She also sometimes serves as the "second mic" on Bill O'Reilly's radio show. She and her husband have one of those "yours, mine, ours" families, which always makes for some interesting stories, because their family is huge.

She was also rumored to be a possible replacement on The View when Meredith Vierra left the show.

+ Reply to Thread