+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1383Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3214043;
    Which is why he's such a perfect match with the ladies of The View! Maybe they should add him as a frequent guest contributor.
    Exactly. Which is why I'll probably forgo this particular show. There's only so much shouting and rudeness that a person can take at that time of the morning. Maybe the ratings go up when the "ladies" volume goes up, but it isn't what I consider entertaining.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I am scared for today's show. They are all going to need valium to get through it without coming to blows.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

FORT Fogey

Today is a special about breast cancer. I hope that they focus on this important topic and do it the justice that it deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3214081;
    Today is a special about breast cancer. I hope that they focus on this important topic and do it the justice that it deserves.
    If they can get through the Hot Topics portion of the show they should be fine but with the debate last night, that might be hard.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3213679;
    So do we have to hear how much they love each other tomorrow? Since Elisabeth thought Sherri made it personal by bringing up McCain's infidelity today - the gloves were off. I think I heard her say something about Sherri pointing her finger? I have seen Elisabeth point her finger numerous times when she is passionate about something she is talking about - so that doesn't make sense, maybe I heard wrong? But Sherri did stop pointing once it was said.
    No you didn't hear wrong. I was in the other room and heard EH tell Sherri to relax so I had to rewind to see what was going on. I could not believe, of all people, that EH was telling Sherri she was taking this too personally and needed to calm down.

Really EH? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3214093;
    No you didn't hear wrong. I was in the other room and heard EH tell Sherri to relax so I had to rewind to see what was going on. I could not believe, of all people, that EH was telling Sherri she was taking this too personally and needed to calm down.

Really EH? Really?
    See, that is what some people do (point fingers, turn something around, evade issues) when they're not mature enough to look at themselves, with honesty. For some people like that, it would be too devastating pyschologically (not saying that this is the case with EH). And oftentimes, it's due to a severely low sense of self-esteem that is covered up with self-righteousness, narcissism and perfectionalism. It doesn't work, obviously.

/end Psychology 101

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3213670;
    I think poking the giant is EXACTLY what she was doing. She talked about wanting to get away from it all ... we'll see if she sticks to that. I think the ratings are too strong for her to stick to the notion.
    I agree. I thought it was kinda strange that she would randomly bring that back up after the explosion it caused the day before.

FORT Fogey

What a nice show today. IMO, this is what The View should be about.

I was very impressed with Robin Roberts. I love that she said people shouldn't pull the race card.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3214131;
    I was very impressed with Robin Roberts. I love that she said people shouldn't pull the race card.
    And that especially includes those abusive, bigoted, loudmouthed idiots at McCain/Palin rallies.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I have so enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts and opinions for the last couple of days. You are all so charged in getting your ideas across. In some cases, your postings were better than the show itself. I'm sure EH received a raise so she wouldn't jump ship and go elsewhere. She does serve a purpose on this panel. She knows how to inflame people to get them riled. Just think of how boring the show would be if everyone agreed on everything. It would be nice if everyone received 4 minutes to say whatever they wanted to say about anything. 4 minutes in which no one would interupt them, or do faces, or point anything at them. I don't see that happening anytime soon-it wouldn't be good for the ratings!

+ Reply to Thread