+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 1050 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102152552 ... LastLast
Like Tree977Likes

Thread: The View

Star was on Ryan Seacrest this morning. I found the interview on his Kiis radio website. I'm not sure if I can post the link or not. If I can, can someone please let me know. she said that they told her after the show yesterday not to come back to the show anymore.
    That SHE felt betrayed by them, that Joy nor Elizabeth Knew that her contract was not being renewed and that her announcement yesterday was truly a surprise to them, and she was hurt by the fact that in the same week that they told her about her contract, Rosie had made those remarks about her. and then in that SAME week Barbara called Rosie and asked her to be a part of the show, she thought that Barbara and etc were her friends, But she felt betrayed by them, but she continued to come in and do her Job like a professional.....also about the wedding she said of course ABC and Barbara knew about all the gifts that she was receiving and they encouraged her to continue to talk about all the hoopla surrounding the wedding, because if they really wanted her to stop THEY had the Power to TELL her to stop.
    she said some other things but I can't remember it all...LOL
    If I remember more I'll post more
    Last edited by rcurrytoo; 06-28-2006 at 12:28 PM.

Something else on today's show that you all may already know, but I didn't.

Mia Farrow and her son were on the show. The son is now 18, and will enter LAW school, I believe this fall. He started college at 11, graduated at 15 and has been doing the relief work like his mother does, for a couple of years. He looks so much like Mia that it's sort of spooky. Certainly is a well spoken and interesting young man, too.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Sounds to me like Star's contract just wasn't renewed, for whatever reasons.

Here are the reasons taken from the AP article posted earlier in the thread. I can understand if it got glanced over in the excitement, ( I delayed going to the grocery this morning when I saw that Star wasn't there) but it does offer some information.

That seems to be the case. Walters said ABC network chiefs had decided last fall not to renew Reynolds' contract because its research showed that Reynolds' dramatic weight loss and 2004 wedding to banker Al Reynolds had turned viewers off. Reynolds had been criticized for a Web site that promoted companies that donated items for the wedding party's gift bags.

"We tried to talk them out of it," Walters said, "and we tried to give Star time to redeem herself in the eyes of the audience, and the research just kept getting worse."
    Link

I think Barbara was right to tell her side of the story, especially if its the truth. Star shouldn't try to paint the show as the "bad guy" if they weren't. Star hates for people to spread rumors and lies about her so she shouldn't do that to others.
    Last edited by rt1ky; 06-28-2006 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky View Post
    Here are the reasons taken from the AP article posted earlier in the thread. I can understand if it got glanced over in the excitement, ( I delayed going to the grocery this morning when I saw that Star wasn't there) but it does offer some information.

Link

I think Barbara was right to tell her side of the story, especially if its the truth. Star shouldn't try to paint the show as the "bad guy" if they weren't. Star hates for people to spread rumors and lies about her so she shouldn't do that to others.
    I don't know, I didn't like listening to Star, but I don't think ROSIE's going to be better. She drives me crazy. Anyone else notice that this is the second not white/white girl swap they've done. Good-bye any type of diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jookie View Post
    I don't know, I didn't like listening to Star, but I don't think ROSIE's going to be better. She drives me crazy. Anyone else notice that this is the second not white/white girl swap they've done. Good-bye any type of diversity.
    Oh, I'm not a huge Star fan, but I'd choose her any day over Rosie. And, if they decided that Star needed to go, I would have liked them to replace her with some of the other women who have been mentioned.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I used to love to watch the View, but over the last three years or so my interest had severly declined. Sadly, it was because of Star's growing ego. When the show started, she had a a humbleness and integrity to her. She totally lacks those traits anymore. I'm not sad to see her go, and as she had decided to announce it herself yesterday (and in an interview in People magazine out on Friday), instead of waiting for the previously agreed time on Thursday, I'm not surprised that ABC & Barbara Walters took the action that they did in dismissing her.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

To me, shows like that sort of run their course. For the first couple of years, I didn't miss it. Then Lisa Ling showed up and I probably watched it maybe half a dozen times while she was there. Could not stand the woman. After Elisabeth came on board, I was back but lately, I watch it less and less. I'm sure that when Rosie takes up residence I'll hang it up for good.

woohoo Happy Day!!!!! I've never cared for Star.

toothdoc

Quote Originally Posted by rcurrytoo View Post
    No, What happened?....my station pre-empted due to the flooding in the east coast

My station also ran coverage of flooding around here for the entire hour! I was so annoyed, mainly because as I watched TV, it was sunny out and not raining.

I knew I could come here and find out if she was on or not, but would have liked to have seen it myself!

Thanks Muduh for the recap!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    toothdoc - haven't seen you in awhile!

I have to say that I'm with Muduh on this. It has run its course and with the addition of Rosie in the fall, I'm out. I used to like Rosie when she was more fluffy on her show, but then she changed what her show was about and I didn't care for it. Regardless of if I agree with her politics, I just don't like her approach.

I think Meredith was the only credible person on that show who attempted to see both sides of the coin. I didn't hate Star, but she was never wrong. Her opinion was always the right one and I don't care for that attitude.

I actually don't mind Elisabeth - I think she ended up getting walked on by the other personalities on the show, so she ultimately sits back and lets it happen.

I think Joy is a twit.

+ Reply to Thread